• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't get this argument, Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself and close buddies. He may give us a trade deal easier than the Democrats but it will be on his terms. He is happy to screw Americans so he won't give a toss about the people of Britain other than Boris and Nigel.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

America doesn't care about anyone or anything other than America.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It may have been mentioned earlier, but Joe Biden has a Sussex connection. One of his ancestors emigrated from here. His home state Delaware is named after the De La Warr family, whose seat is at Buckhurst Park in Withyham (they used to own Sheffield Park), though they were based in Hampshire at the time the colony was founded. The largest city, Wilmington, is named after someone with a Sussex connection I think, rather than after Wilmington in East Sussex. There is a Sussex County and towns called Lewes and Seaford.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Trump would’ve (note hopeful past tense) been a bully overseeing/overseeing trade talks.

I’m fine with Biden. His one three-line-whip will be no undermining the Good Friday Agreement.

What do the US have to do with the Good Friday Agreement? That's UK politics isn't it?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
264590974.jpg.gallery.jpg

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
A BoJo Brexit government with a pro EU Democrat US president.

What could possibly go wrong?

It may well force BoJo into doing a rapid deal with the EU (crossing his red lines with abandon, which would obviously be soo unusual for such a man of his word).
With no dodgy Trump deal to dig him out of his hole, and in current circumstances he REALLY couldn't afford a no deal brexit.

So a good outcome all round for the sane amongst us.

Edit: IF it happens. Counting no chickens here!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Got CNN on, I know they have Dem bias, but it is slick and generally factual.

There first exit polls were released on the hour, with questions across the board from polling booths, whose answers they seemed to suggest would be slightly better than trump hoped.

Biggest priorities to you?

Economy was first on about 38% I think.

Next racial inequality on about 19%
Then Covid 3rd on 18%

Next question though seemed to flip first.

What is most immediate priority.

Controlling covid 56%
Getting economy back 44%

Next question was something like - how do you think the pandemic has been handled so far.

Bad 52%
Not Bad 48%

Third question (not so relevant)

Do you think mask wearing is

(Figures something like)

Choice 36%
Public health duty 64%

They were surprised of the high number 48% who thought the response was not bad, and that covid as a voting priority was behind racial inequality.

Also says their was pessimism in the Biden camp (talking to advisors) about early numbers in Florida.

Jul 20, 2003
You can get Sleepy Joe for 1.63 on the exchanges. That is crazy, given his national ratings and even though it may be closer in some swing states, his implied chance would be more like 85-90% (more like 1.1-1.15 on exchanges.

Fill. Your. Boots.

Does he have to survive long enough to be sworn in?

Jul 20, 2003
I've started on the crisps - concerned I've gone too early.

I'm on black pudding and scrambled eggs ... stuff I need to lie down after but can't sleep after

and a vodka heavy Bloody Mary.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got CNN on, I know they have Dem bias, but it is slick and generally factual.

There first exit polls were released on the hour, with questions across the board from polling booths, whose answers they seemed to suggest would be slightly better than trump hoped.

Biggest priorities to you?

Economy was first on about 38% I think.

Next racial inequality on about 19%
Then Covid 3rd on 18%

Next question though seemed to flip first.

What is most immediate priority.

Controlling covid 56%
Getting economy back 44%

Next question was something like - how do you think the pandemic has been handled so far.

Bad 52%
Not Bad 48%

Third question (not so relevant)

Do you think mask wearing is

(Figures something like)

Choice 36%
Public health duty 64%

They were surprised of the high number 48% who thought the response was not bad, and that covid as a priority was behind racial inequality.

Also says their was pessimism in the Biden camp (talking to advisors) about early numbers in Florida.

Sky just had the exit poll results of “who do you trust to run the US economy?”, that’s Trump’s purported strength. Dead even at 48%.

Separately they revealed from exit polling that countless millions of graduates and from diverse ethnic groups had voted for the very first time. They quantified it. Both strong Democrat demographics.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The closest connection I have with the USA is James Best who is a distant blood cousin of mine. Look up Dukes of Hazard and many may conclude that it figures....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Each side is so partizan, even where they can’t influence now.

A smug Republican Senator on Newsnight just now is predicting big Trump wins in Florida, Arizona, etc, etc. Ultra confident, based on huge numbers of red voters .... apparently.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sky just had the exit poll results of “who do you trust to run the US economy?”, that’s Trump’s purported strength. Dead even at 48%.

Separately they revealed from exit polling that countless millions of graduates and from diverse ethnic groups had voted for the very first time. They quantified it. Both strong Democrat demographics.

cheers WS.

CNN just had latest exit poll, (sorry the numbers are approximate as i didnt record it)

Voters demographics.

Women 53%
Men 47%

exact the same as 2016

But the next they reckon is pretty big in favour of Biden potentially.

Ethnicity

White 66% (was in high 70's last time)
Latino 15%
Black 14%
Others 6%

Non college educated
College educated (cant remember the figures but non college down a bit, college up a bit)

Age groups

19-29 was about 18%
Cant remember the next group
45-65 (highest) 38%
Over 65 23% (and many OAPs are breaking for Biden)

Exit poll ofc but seemed to suggest the numbers good for Biden. Also said there is a big 11th hour campaign in South Florida to get out the dem vote in the final hour.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
cheers WS.

CNN just had latest exit poll, (sorry the numbers are approximate as i didnt record it)

Voters demographics.

Women 53%
Men 47%

exact the same as 2016

But the next they reckon is pretty big in favour of Biden potentially.

Ethnicity

White 66% (was in high 70's last time)
Latino 15%
Black 14%
Others 6%

Non college educated
College educated (cant remember the figures but non college down a bit, college up a bit)

Age groups

19-29 was about 18%
Cant remember the next group
45-65 (highest) 38%
Over 65 23% (and many OAPs are breaking for Biden)

Exit poll ofc but seemed to suggest the numbers good for Biden. Also said there is a big 11th hour campaign in South Florida to get out the dem vote in the final hour.

Good discussion.

I told my daughter (so keen on Trump losing) not to focus so much on Florida, as Trump could still win it ..... GOP history, ex-Cubans etc. Trump needs more than that, going by awful polling and the tens of millions of the disenfranchised voting for the very first time.

All media sources, even CNN, are hedging their bets .... only because it’d be a huge PR disaster to say Democrat and then get it wrong.

Giving a knife edge feeling for us punters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here