Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 World's Hardest Creature Competition.......anyone up for it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Didn't this chap make an appearance last year? I'll second him. Huge on defence, although falls down a bit in attack...
This. What does it live on? I'm going to be hugely disappointed if the answer is something like lettuce.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What about the RED KANGAROO?

They LOVE a dust up out in the BUSH. And they've got serious claws. And they've been known to DROWN predators by holding them underwater, like a hitman or something. Worth seconding?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The CASSOWARY has always split opinion in this competition, but as there are few feathered contenders so far, I'm going to nominate this giant mental turkey.

Anyone want to second me on this?

I will, this thing is deliciously hard!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
This. What does it live on? I'm going to be hugely disappointed if the answer is something like lettuce.

It lives on ANYTHING. It's so small it just eats cells, any cells, plant, animal or bacteria. It has spiky things which pierce the cell membrane and then they suck all the insides out. Hell, this little bastard can eat Salmonella!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It lives on ANYTHING. It's so small it just eats cells, any cells, plant, animal or bacteria. It has spiky things which pierce the cell membrane and then they suck all the insides out. Hell, this little bastard can eat Salmonella!

1970400543.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
christ you are one heck of a plonker,so this thread is based on small animals or reptiles etc?how the fu-k can you say that a probably the worlds strongest animal(tiger)is not conpetition for a tin pot honey badger?so its about if a animal was bigger or is it about facts?you sir are a fiction freak.

Seems to be a obsession with honey badgers and i can't think why.I get attacked by wasps and flys but does that make them hard compared to my size?

You still don't understand what the criteria for HARD is! No it's not only based on small animals. The Orca is hardy f***ing small, is it? But it will take down massive whales much bigger than it. So it's HARD. Speak to turienzo, he is in charge, and he will tell you it is about the hardest animal POUND FOR POUND.

Absolute gubbins. If my auntie had bollocks and all that.

Look, a tiger-sized mongoose would be a new animal, not a mongoose. Or are you just going to discount anything bigger than a honey badger because it would lose if it was pound for pound smaller? By your reckoning we should all be voting for the ant, as I reckon it would throw 15 of your honey badgers into a cliff face all at once, with consumate ease if it was supersized up to honey badger size, given that the ant is so incredibly strong for its bodyweight.

No, it doesn't work like that. Take each animal on its own merit.

No, I'm not. As I've said above, the Orca should be there. The Bull Shark should be there. Both f***ing HARD animals. They shouldn't be penalised because they happen to be big, because if something even bigger comes along they'll still go steaming into it. A massive Tiger eating a big Deer is not HARD.

Come on Sim, you know the criteria. I know you hate the Honey Badger but you have to admit it fits the criteria of the competiton.

But you contradict yourself in the pound-for-pound argument for previously dismissing the mosquito for its 'itsy-bitsyness'. A tiger-sized mongoose or honey badger would certainly be a formidable foe, but nothing would have me shitting my pants more than seeing a tiger-sized Mosquito coming at me...

Edit: in other words, the same as what zfleas says in the post above mine.

You think? Yes, I would be f***ing scared of a massive mosquito. BUT, who would win between a Tiger sized Mosquito and a Tiger? The Tiger would tear it apart I reckon. The Mosquito cant even SEE, for a start. How many hard blind people do you know?

You still don't understand what the criteria for HARD is! No it's not only based on small animals. The Orca is hardy f***ing small, is it? But it will take down massive whales much bigger than it. So it's HARD. Speak to turienzo, he is in charge, and he will tell you it is about the hardest animal POUND FOR POUND.

No, I'm not. As I've said above, the Orca should be there. The Bull Shark should be there. Both f***ing HARD animals. They shouldn't be penalised because they happen to be big, because if something even bigger comes along they'll still go steaming into it. A massive Tiger eating a big Deer is not HARD.

Come on Sim, you know the criteria. I know you hate the Honey Badger but you have to admit it fits the criteria of the competiton.

You think? Yes, I would be f***ing scared of a massive mosquito. BUT, who would win between a Tiger sized Mosquito and a Tiger? The Tiger would tear it apart I reckon. The Mosquito cant even SEE, for a start. How many hard blind people do you know?

But it would have a f*** of great hypodermic needle sticking out of its FACE.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
But it would have a f*** of great hypodermic needle sticking out of its FACE.

Yeah, but all you'd have to do is cover yourself in DEET and it wouldn't be able to find you.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is shaping up to be a classic.

It's always the subject that causes the most fierce arguments, more so even than racism. It's the only subject on NSC that ever makes me lose my temper. Which I am very close to doing now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Er, are you talking Virus's here ? if so they don't actually eat anything. A virus spore is just a little packet of DNA which, upon entering a cell merely releases its DNA which totally countermands the cellular DNA and orders it to replicate the virus. A virus does not really want to kill its host as the host is doing the work for the virus and so most don't kill they just leave you feeling shite. A cell containing the virus will carry on producing virus spores to the exclusion of all other aspects of cellular function until it dies.

Ergo, including a virus is like including a book on the SAS, there may be 50 ways to kill someone really nastily, but its only a book.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
OK, a bit outside the box this one, but I'm going for the tiny water bear, also known as a tardigrade, these things make cockroaches look f***ing fragile.

water_bear.jpg

Most of the things said about cockroaches are myths, they would NOT survive the radiation of a nuclear bomb, however, water bears would. These things don't get much bigger than 1mm but just TRY and kill it. The Immortal Jellyfish might be called immortal, but these things virtually are.

They are the only known animal to survive at close to absolute zero temperature (-273C), they also survive quite happily in boiling water (they've survived a temperature of 151C), and can live for a decade (yes, 10 years) with no water at all. Not only that, they can survive radiation doses 1000x higher than any other animal. In 2007, they sent the buggers into space. They even survived that. Not only can they survive the zero pressure of space, they can survive in a pressure of 6000 atmospheres (which would crush the humble cockcroach instantly, that's 6 times the water pressure in the deepest ocean trench). They can also survive most poisons.

Unlike cockroaches they're also too small to stamp to death.

There isn't an animal in this list that could kill a tardigrade, nor one that could survive the conditions they can. They live all over the world, they've been found in hot springs, on top of Everest and in both the Antarctic and the Sahara.

Damn that's one hard little fella.

That sounds pretty f***ing hard to me. Good nomination.

Shame it has no chance of winning because all the retards don't understand what the competition is about.

Oct 25, 2003
f***ing hell, i just went to have a little nap and the whole thing has EXPLODED

give us a min and i'll work out who's in so far

Oct 25, 2003
in so far:
Orca
Honey Badger
Cape Buffalo
Wolverine
Grizzly Bear
Crocodile
Hippo
human
brazilian wandering spider
immortal jellyfish
hyena
great white shark
bull shark
komodo dragon
cockroach
tasmanian devil
colossal squid
australian box jellyfish
african elephant
rhino
silverback gorilla
black mamba
whelk?!
cassowary
tiger
fangtooth fish
jaguar
praying mantis
fossa
mongoose
tardigrade

needs seconding (don't just do it for the hell of it)
giant centipede
mosquito
pitbull
blue-ringed octopus
sydney funnel web spider
candiru
stonefish
moray eel
tarantula hawk wasp
golden eagle
red kangaroo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports