Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 World's Hardest Creature Competition.......anyone up for it?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Female Praying mantis.....
Shirley someone will second this creature as being well hard....check out the youtube footage of a female eating a male after sex!

http://youtu.be/KYp_Xi4AtAQ

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll second the Fossa. Looks pretty cool.

Am also a fan of the Cassowary, DOUBLEFUCKMENTAL bird.

Oct 25, 2003
mongoose- they kill snakes for FUN..they very rarely eat them and yet VERY regularly hunt and kill them

and we're talking PROPER snakes here.....ie king cobras

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
mongoose- they kill snakes for FUN..they very rarely eat them and yet VERY regularly hunt and kill them

and we're talking PROPER snakes here.....ie king cobras

Seconded. That is what this competition about. Not size and power, but HARDNESS. Attacking and killing an animal much bigger and more dangerous than itself is HARD. Especially if it's done for fun. Overpowering and eating an animal that is half the size of you is not hard, however big that animal is.

But as usual people don't seem to understand this. "Oh but the Tiger could kill a Mongoose easily" IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT. A Tiger-sized Mongoose would beat the shit out of a Tiger. If the Mongoose can take down a Cobra then it would have no problem with taking down a tabby cat, which is what a Mongoose-sized Tiger would be. THAT is how you should think about it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You don't understand the meaning of 'hardest creature', do you? It isn't 'biggest and most powerful creature', it is about the toughest animal, POUND FOR POUND.

The tiger will be nowhere near the final, it will probably struggle to get through the group stages.
christ you are one heck of a plonker,so this thread is based on small animals or reptiles etc?how the fu-k can you say that a probably the worlds strongest animal(tiger)is not conpetition for a tin pot honey badger?so its about if a animal was bigger or is it about facts?you sir are a fiction freak.

Seems to be a obsession with honey badgers and i can't think why.I get attacked by wasps and flys but does that make them hard compared to my size?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Honey Badger vs Honey Badger-sized Tiger = Honey Badger WIN
Tiger vs Tiger-sized Honey Badger = Tiger-sized Honey Badger WIN

It really is that simple.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
christ you are one heck of a plonker,so this thread is based on small animals or reptiles etc?how the fu-k can you say that a probably the worlds strongest animal(tiger)is not conpetition for a tin pot honey badger?so its about if a animal was bigger or is it about facts?you sir are a fiction freak.

Seems to be a obsession with honey badgers and i can't think why.I get attacked by wasps and flys but does that make them hard compared to my size?

How hard is a tiger though? Lions although pretty ferocious are easily beaten by bears as they have a particularly soft skull which the bears can crush and i would have thought a tiger would have a similar weakness.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
If its size for size, I'd have to say the hardest animal in the world is a FLY

Imagine, strolling down the street, then a human sized fly swoops down, stamps on you to see if you taste ok, then is sick all over you with its acidy sick to start digesting you whilst still stamping on you, then sucking you up through its straw mouth.

Brutal

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
A Tiger-sized Mongoose would beat the shit out of a Tiger. If the Mongoose can take down a Cobra then it would have no problem with taking down a tabby cat, which is what a Mongoose-sized Tiger would be. THAT is how you should think about it.

But you contradict yourself in the pound-for-pound argument for previously dismissing the mosquito for its 'itsy-bitsyness'. A tiger-sized mongoose or honey badger would certainly be a formidable foe, but nothing would have me shitting my pants more than seeing a tiger-sized Mosquito coming at me...

Edit: in other words, the same as what zfleas says in the post above mine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Simple analogy: Who is HARDER?

A massive 6ft 6 bloke who goes back home to his wife every night and BEATS her, or a midget who takes on a group of 6 big blokes in a pub and WINS.

If you understand why the midget is much much HARDER, then you understand why the HONEY BADGER is the World's HARDEST creature. It really is that simple.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Every year someone still thinks mosquitoes are hard.

EVERY YEAR

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Simple analogy: Who is HARDER?

A massive 6ft 6 bloke who goes back home to his wife every night and BEATS her, or a midget who takes on a group of 6 big blokes in a pub and WINS.

If you understand why the midget is much much HARDER, then you understand why the HONEY BADGER is the World's HARDEST creature. It really is that simple.

After reading about them on wiki, i'm becoming a honey badger convert especially with snippets like this:

"The skin is also tough enough to resist several machete blows"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But as usual people don't seem to understand this. "Oh but the Tiger could kill a Mongoose easily" IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT. A Tiger-sized Mongoose would beat the shit out of a Tiger. If the Mongoose can take down a Cobra then it would have no problem with taking down a tabby cat, which is what a Mongoose-sized Tiger would be. THAT is how you should think about it.
Absolute gubbins. If my auntie had bollocks and all that.

Look, a tiger-sized mongoose would be a new animal, not a mongoose. Or are you just going to discount anything bigger than a honey badger because it would lose if it was pound for pound smaller? By your reckoning we should all be voting for the ant, as I reckon it would throw 15 of your honey badgers into a cliff face all at once, with consumate ease if it was supersized up to honey badger size, given that the ant is so incredibly strong for its bodyweight.

No, it doesn't work like that. Take each animal on its own merit.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
After reading about them on wiki, i'm becoming a honey badger convert especially with snippets like this:

"The skin is also tough enough to resist several machete blows"

Just you wait: During the competition you will be exposed to so many HB facts to prove that it is EASILY the hardest animal around. We've been banging this drum for years and THIS IS OUR YEAR.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Absolute gubbins. If my auntie had bollocks and all that.

Look, a tiger-sized mongoose would be a new animal, not a mongoose. Or are you just going to discount anything bigger than a honey badger because it would lose if it was pound for pound smaller? By your reckoning we should all be voting for the ant, as I reckon it would throw 15 of your honey badgers into a cliff face all at once, with consumate ease if it was supersized up to honey badger size, given that the ant is so incredibly strong for its bodyweight.

No, it doesn't work like that. Take each animal on its own merit.
But insects cheat on that, by being so small. They couldn't be as strong if they were bigger.

Honey badgers walk the walk.

As do their harder cousin, the Wolverine.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Every year someone still thinks mosquitoes are hard.

EVERY YEAR
To be fair, it kills millions every year.

Every year the honey kitten fanboys are out telling the rest of us why we're all wrong, and every time it goes out comfortably. No-one is scared by a cute little badger. Yes, it can get frightfully vicious if you annoy it. So can a goose. A tiger would f***ing ruin it so suck it up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But insects cheat on that, by being so small. They couldn't be as strong if they were bigger.

Honey badgers walk the walk.
It's more of a waddle really isn't it.

And cheat? How is being so small that you can be squashed by any mammal construed as "cheating"? Only HB fanboy could come up with that shit.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Every year the honey kitten fanboys are out telling the rest of us why we're all wrong, and every time it goes out comfortably. No-one is scared by a cute little badger. Yes, it can get frightfully vicious if you annoy it. So can a goose. A tiger would f***ing ruin it so suck it up.

The fundamental flaw in the badger boys' argument:

1) Badgers are hard, because they're little.
2) Mosquitoes are shit, because they're little.

Ergo, etc...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

A honey badger would DO a tiger anyway. It has no concept of fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here