Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 Olympics.Will you attend?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No way. I wouldn't give shit about amateurs playing pointless sports in a park, so why would it change in a big stadium? Even if the tickets were FREE you wouldn't find me there watching that ridiculous event for people not good enough to play proper sports.

Have you ever run over ten miles, after you have come back and tell me that you think the its not a proper sprot.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Nor I.

It going to be great.

I went past the site on the train to Chelmsford the other day and it is coming on really well. The whole scale of the thing already looks really impressive and I can't wait.

One of the best things to happen to London for years.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think so, as long as I can use my bus pass.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
If I have a spare room at that point then of course!! Especially since the ones I'm looking at at the moment are this close to the Thames:

36200_2342342445_IMG_00_0000.jpg

Very nice if you have half a million quid to spare.

I will go and it is great for London, although we will be paying for it for the next 20 years no doubt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll try for tickets. I like the running, I also like the cycling. I might even understand that Madison thing by 2012.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Running 10 miles is an achievement. It's an activity. It might even be an event. But it is not a sport, it is not good to watch, and it is not worthy of such a big stage. Let's face it, every single event in the olympics isn't given a second's thought by any of us APART from once every four year, so why is everyone kidding themselves that they actually want to watch this shit just because it's in a nice big over-expensive stadium in London instead of Preston Park?

Running 10 miles is not a sport? I think you'll find when it is undertaken competitively it is.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If I can get tickets (especially the 100 mens final) I'll be there like a shot. thinking of becoming a volunteer for the month to be involved in the most important sporting event in the country for years

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Can't stand the Olympics and only watched the 100M and 200M finals in the last one, wherever it was held, to see The Lightning Bolt in action...

I think it's something to do with my short attention span :yawn:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Running 10 miles is an achievement. It's an activity. It might even be an event. But it is not a sport, it is not good to watch, and it is not worthy of such a big stage. Let's face it, every single event in the olympics isn't given a second's thought by any of us APART from once every four year, so why is everyone kidding themselves that they actually want to watch this shit just because it's in a nice big over-expensive stadium in London instead of Preston Park?

words fail me. So Usain Bolt is not a sportsman nor Paula Radcliffe or any of the British cyclists?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Yet you pay to watch the likes of Doug Loft?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes

If I can't get tickets for the Athletics I'll turn up for the Marathon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here