Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 Olympics.Will you attend?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Blimey.

For the opening ceremony, best available tickets, it's $3950, I assume that's canadian dollars which equates to £2100.58!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
No way. I wouldn't give shit about amateurs playing pointless sports in a park, so why would it change in a big stadium? Even if the tickets were FREE you wouldn't find me there watching that ridiculous event for people not good enough to play proper sports.

Oh:ohmy:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Definitely, am going to try and get tickets for the gymnastics and diving. Also may well try and get a nursing job around there for that summer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
since, as a London resident, i've been paying for it i will attend with my complimentry tickets.
:jester::angry:

The REAL question is ... Will you raise the ticket money by renting out your spare room to visitors who have travelled thousands of miles to watch their Olympic heroes in action?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'll certainly try and go. My son will be 10 then and I think it would be a brilliant experience to have it so close.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Of course. Once in a lifetime oppurtunity to see the Olympics an hour away.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Be the only opportunity I will have to take my children to an Olympic Games.......would be amazing to get tickets.
Personally hope everyone remains negative and pessimistic about it as then ticket prices will be lower.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The REAL question is ... Will you raise the ticket money by renting out your spare room to visitors who have travelled thousands of miles to watch their Olympic heroes in action?

If I have a spare room at that point then of course!! Especially since the ones I'm looking at at the moment are this close to the Thames:

36200_2342342445_IMG_00_0000.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
N O .................spells NO

Its gonna be a terrorists dream

Games 'will be terrorism target'

Huge security plans are being drawn up for the Olympic Games
The Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair has said the 2012 Olympic Games in London will be a "huge target" for terrorists.
He said detailed security plans were being drawn up for the Games, including appointing 30,000 security officers.

All of the 200,000 workers involved in the Games will be vetted to see if they are a security risk or are working illegally in the UK.

An assistant commissioner will also be appointed as head of security.

'Security risk'

An estimated 70,000 volunteers, 40,000 construction workers and 60,000 others will be employed for the Olympics.

Sir Ian said: "There can be no doubt that the 2012 games - if the current threat scenario stays the same - will be a huge target and we have to understand that and work on that basis.

"There is no question that hosting an Olympic Games in a liberal democracy rather than in China poses different issues."

He said it was the Met's responsibility to provide secure arrangements for a "safe and happy games".

He added that, despite a risk assessment being carried out for the Olympic bid, the 7 July bombings took place 24 hours after the Games were announced.

Risk assessments

Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur is currently responsible for the security of the games but will hand over responsibility when a further assistant commissioner is appointed.

He said the Met would carry out security risk assessments every three months to ensure any potential new threats were identified.

"We will not tolerate criminal activity from those wanting to disrupt what is a major celebration for London, a showcase for London," he said.

He said issues outside of the terrorist threat, such as human trafficking, illegal construction workers and counterfeit operations, were also being considered but there was no specific intelligence about such operations at this stage.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
i do like the last bit though "but there was no specific intelligence about such operations at this stage"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
definately.

one to do before you die

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Slalom canoeing is being held 10 minutes walk from my house and nothing else ever happens around here so I think I should try and go to that. Hopefully some other events as well. I don't want my family to miss a once in a lifetime experience.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Of course. How will one be able to apply for tickets etc, what's the process?

Apart from the men's 100m obviously, I'd love to go see the weightlifting, I LOVE that. Especially when it's the really fat blokes at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here