Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 Olympics - Tickets on Sale Now

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Fair point, but when so much of it is likely to be oversubscribed why make people commit to purchasing all tickets that they have applied for? Surely it would make more sense to allocate the opportunity to buy tickets in the first round. After a given period of time (say 1 month from notification) then all tickets that have not been taken up are released in a new tranche for people to enter a new ballot.

But then people would just go on big fishing trips for tickets. You could apply for every single ticket without penalty.

But then people would just go on big fishing trips for tickets. You could apply for every single ticket without penalty.

Fair enough, I hadn't really thought it through! :dunce:
It's somewhat inevitable though that people will apply for more than one set of tickets, under the assumption that they are unlikely to get everything they ask for. The system they've gone for seems to simply penalise those that are unable to afford the liability of a lot of tickets.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don't really give a toss tbh.Anything I may be interested in I shall watch on the telly.

(I know I can find this out elsewhere, but I'm in no rush with there being a 6 week purchase window...)

So do they take the money for everything you've applied for, keep it for a while, then sometime later tell you what you've got? Presumably at this point they'll also refund money for events you missed out on?

No, they'll take the money for what you HAVE got sometime in May, but you won't find out what till 24th June

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I couldn't give a shit and would not consider going to anything even if I was given tickets for free.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They are offering hotel & tickets packages through Thomas Cook, just had a quick look at the website.

3 nights accomodation for 2 people @ (5 star Hyatt)
+ tickets for 2 people @ 3 events

£12,998 !!!! :eek:

Presumably those were the sort of tickets that Sepp Blatter and his cronies were going to get for free. There was a threat of them being withdrawn, I hope they have.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've bidded for:

Athletics
Weightlifting
Archery
Badminton
Judo
Swimming
Handball
Gymnastics
Cycling
Tennis
Rowing
Football
Hockey

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Been looking at the tickets - the prices are outrageous in some of the catagories. I want to go to the gymnastics, and the CHEAPEST prices are £50!!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The ticket prices sound shocking. For most events I wouldn't be interested in going even if the tickets were free. They won't have problems shifting tickets for the big events but who in there right mind would pay £125 for watching weight lifting?

It's such a shame that big sporting events like this or the world cup in South Africa are played infront of stadiums which aren't full because the ticket pricing is all wrong.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I bid for Badminton as it's the sport I play regularly and have never seen it played at International level - but £95 a ticket, sheesh..........

Lush

Mods' Pet
I've applied for the Opening Ceremony, the Men's Football Final at Wembley and the Men's Beach Volleyball on Horseguards Parade :)

If I get them great, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. If I don't I'll watch on the telly. Although I'm hopeful for the Volleyball.

Personally I couldn't give a shit and would not consider going to anything even if I was given tickets for free.

this would have been the norm a few years ago but there is a mentality now that all of a sudden people want tickets for any old shit i.e 'International Window Cleaning Championships', 'World series of Nude Badger Watching' etc etc if its marketed correctly and they are threatened with being locked out, for example, how many travel to the cricket or the Rugby world cup with no interest but just to "be there" when they've never been to a club/county match in their lives. Gymnastics? Badminton? Brazillian wimmins arses? you're all mad! (ok, except the womans vollyball)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
what exactly is a binfest?

It is only a trial sport at 2012. More posturing than action to be honest.

Exactly. This archive picture of NSC (when the webcam facility was still activated) taken by Bozza on the day Desert Orchid died should give you an idea:

marmot.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here