Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 December 21 (end of Mayan calender) what do you think will happen?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Personally how I see it, we're reaching the end of time as we know it. We'll be entering a new era where Human will have to learn to create some sort of utopia in order to maintain a civil society. For this to happen we'll have to experience collapses in Governments and Banks, a divide in the classes, a failure in education, crippling mental health and realisation of how the world has been unfairly controlled. I seriously believe the riots in London were indications of whats to come more than whats happening now. But if you read Nostradamus 2012 prediction, he's got it down as 'the world will end as we know it', this isn't a doomsday prediction but more a spiritual changing within the living creatures of this earth to finally realise it is all ours to share because there's enough resource and technology for every one of us to live like kings if we all accepted we are all one.

But hey thats just my opinion, what do you think?

...Conveniently forgetting what Nostradamus said (or maybe he didn't) that the world would end in 2000. I think what Nostradamus said can mean pretty much whatever you would like it to mean.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Nothing it's just a f***ing calendar. The world won't end just because a calendar does.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I was once asked by a colleague in the run up to the year 2000 if I thought the world was going to end. She was being absolutely serious. I was so gobsmacked that a normally sane and rational person could actually believe that, just because 1999 was finishing and 2000 was about to start, that somehow the world was going to break up and be sucked into the vortex. Or something. Unfuckingbelievable.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
...Conveniently forgetting what Nostradamus said (or maybe he didn't) that the world would end in 2000. I think what Nostradamus said can mean pretty much whatever you would like it to mean.

It was actually 1999.

He did seem to call the World Trade Centre attack right though. Scarily so.

But I don't think we need to worry too much, people have been predicting the end of the world pretty much since it began.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is that the day Crystal Palace will finally pay the St John's Ambulance what they owe, or am I 120 years too early?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never once said the world ends. Read it then write.

How does the end of time work then? No more days, nights, seasons, years? Time is measured in these quantities.
21st December? I shall probably be doing my Christmas shopping.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think people will just be getting on with their Wednesday and trying to get some shopping in before Christmas.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Humans make up their own calendars and then tell/predict when there will be some kind of an apocalypse/new era type bullshit. I'd prefer to hear a dolphin or elephants prediction.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
FFS, surely no-one even vaguely sane and over 12 years of age, takes any of this stuff seriously do they?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
It was actually 1999.

He did seem to call the World Trade Centre attack right though. Scarily so.

But I don't think we need to worry too much, people have been predicting the end of the world pretty much since it began.

He didnt i have his book, people just appear to have taken parts from the book and put them all together, and then it looks like he predicted it.

I dunno when the world will end, but there does seem to be a alot of civil unrest at the moment, and we could see some sort of change.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
It was actually 1999.

He did seem to call the World Trade Centre attack right though.

Not to mention Hitler and Princess Dianas death. The Mayans calender is what Nosrtadamus actually bases his prediction on (ancient study of astrology). If you reckon the Mayans were just a load of 'bollocks talking hippies' then you'll be suprised to know the Mayans actually managed to estimate the distance from earth to the moon being only 5 miles short!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here