Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010 World's Hardest Creatue, *****ANIMAL BOWL***** Hippo vs Honey Badger

Hippo vs Honey Badger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Some of the Badgers comebacks this year have been nothing short of incredible and awe inspiring to say the least, but this might be one step to far for the tired creature.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Hippo 85... Badger 50 :sheep:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm quite surprised by this final. I like the Honey Badger, I think the lad is genuinely nuts. He'd take on bigger boys even if he didn't stand a chance, he shows no fear.

The Hippo on the other hand is really just a gentle giant who is only here due to his size. NOBODY can claim the Hippopotamus is a KILLING MACHINE, it's just that things end up dead after getting in his way. I mean COME ON people.

I do like the old Hippo but there were MANY harder and more vicious contestants in this competition who have already bowed out, to let the whole event be WON by a Hippo would be just like Greece's Euro 2004 win: A JOKE

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Hippo on the other hand is really just a gentle giant who is only here due to his size. NOBODY can claim the Hippopotamus is a KILLING MACHINE, it's just that things end up dead after getting in his way. I mean COME ON people.

They ARE aggressive. They are killing machines and not just by trampling.

[yt]uBFgk4YtVCw[/yt]

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008

I do like the old Hippo but there were MANY harder and more vicious contestants in this competition who have already bowed out, to let the whole event be WON by a Hippo would be just like Greece's Euro 2004 win: A JOKE

They are aggressive but they don't kill for food. They are still HARD.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Well that does rather illustrate my point actually Mr Barrel of Fun

The Hippo manages to take on just ONE of the attacking pride and then legs it to hide in the water whilst they're distracted. And let's be honest, the Hippo is the size of TWO of the Lions so it's to be expected that he'd be able to tear a chunk out of one of them

But if he was proper hard he'd have taken them all on

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Au contraire. The Hippo in question was being surrounded by a pride of lions. It managed to defend itself, by taking one victim, and then returning to its natural habitat.

There would be no point in it slaying any more lions as it doesn't kill mammals for food.

It killed the lion as it is hard, as opposed to the natural instinct of feedings itself. Why expend any more energy for the sake of another kill, when he it has fended off a grave attack and made it's point.

The way you write, reminds me of another poster. I am thinking Turienzo's Lovechild.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Crocodile%20Hippos%20Hippopotomus%20Africa%20River3.jpg

Stupid competition. Stupid badger. Stupid voters.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
For the simple reason that the HB goes off and picks fights, it is hard. Size does not come into it: it is fearless, and any creature that fights a venomous snake, gets a bite and comes back from a comatose state to eat said snake gets my vote. Full credit hippo killing a lion - but a 5 metre long honey badger would have taken the whole pride.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
For the simple reason that the HB goes off and picks fights, it is hard. Size does not come into it: it is fearless, and any creature that fights a venomous snake, gets a bite and comes back from a comatose state to eat said snake gets my vote. Full credit hippo killing a lion - but a 5 metre long honey badger would have taken the whole pride.

As discussed by someone else previously, the Honey Badger is immune from the venom. That's not hard.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Sorry but I don't believe this Honey Badger is immune shit. If this were the case then why is there footage of honey Badgers taking a venomous bite from a badass snake and being rendered immobile from it thereafter?

I've not found any evidence online that Honey Badgers are immune to snake venom, exactly where does this suggestion come from?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Sorry but I don't believe this Honey Badger is immune shit. If this were the case then why is there footage of honey Badgers taking a venomous bite from a badass snake and being rendered immobile from it thereafter?

I've not found any evidence online that Honey Badgers are immune to snake venom, exactly where does this suggestion come from?

After typing 'honey badger immune' into Google, the first result;

"The Hedgehog, the Mongoose, the Secretary Bird, the Honey Badger and a few other birds feeding on snakes, are known to be immune to an ordinary dose of snake venom"

Perhaps I'll enter the deadly HEDGEHOG into next years contest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here