2010 World's Hardest Creatue, *****ANIMAL BOWL***** Hippo vs Honey Badger

Hippo vs Honey Badger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It seems that the Swindon forum has a proper contest, as opposed to the joke one being held here
Indeed, although to be fair the Polar Bear has won it twice on here, so this is very much the Europa League of hard animal competitions.

To be honest, we missed a trick by not promoting the black mamba. A snake that can grow up to three metres, can kill a human in 3 minutes (causing paralysis within seconds), is *very* aggressive, can JUMP!, and crucially, causes hippos to SCATTER whenever they catch sight of one.

With a bit of proper marketing, it ought to walk it next season.

And crucially, I've just found this:

Interspecies Conflict: honey badger vs black mamba, honey badger, black mamba

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
a step too far for the people's champion clearly :(
The badger is the rugby league of the hardest animal world.

Supported RABIDLY by it's army of followers, but no-one else gives a f*** about it.

Cuddly ickle badger with cute ickle teeth against aggressive man killer. No contest. Again.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
ah, the hippo. Big bulk, large tusks, could flatten a man. But is an animal that only gets angry when you stand in the way of its BATH, or who gets SUNBURNT if out of the water for too long, really that hard?

Now the badger, all cute and cuddly on the outside, takes on deadly snakes when in a honey-fuelled craze.

Vote 1 for badger :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What does a Hippo do that is HARD? Genuine question. We all know the Honey Badger does tonnes of PROPER hard stuff.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now the badger, all cute and cuddly on the outside, takes on deadly snakes when in a honey-fuelled craze.

Vote 1 for badger :thumbsup:
According to the link I provided above, the honey badger only takes on snakes because it is immune to their bites. This *crucial* piece of information is information that has up until now been suppressed by the badger mafia on here.

Put it up against a black mamba (of which it is not immune) and it is dead within minutes. Not hard.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In a recent study (2009) undertaken by the magazine Scientific American it has been found that pound for pound the honey badger is the world's most fearsome land mammal as a result of its favourable claw to body ratio and aggressive behavioural tendencies.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In a recent study (2009) undertaken by the magazine Scientific American it has been found that pound for pound the honey badger is the world's most fearsome land mammal as a result of its favourable claw to body ratio and aggressive behavioural tendencies.
Really? Remind me to tickle its chin and pat it on the head when I next see one.

article-1172859-04945050000005DC-47_468x557.jpg

Grrr! :rolleyes:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really? Remind me to tickle its chin and pat it on the head when I next see one.

Grrr! :rolleyes:

Still...you know better than Scientific American, so...

I'll ask AGAIN, what does the Hippo do that is HARD? What animals does it take on that are bigger and stronger than it?

hippo-dance.gif

Expecting a pretty hefty list if it's going to match up to the Honey Badger's...

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I love all these Honey Badger groupies who probably knew f*** all about it before these contests.

Oh, and by the way, you spelt Creature wrong :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Still...you know better than Scientific American, so...

I'll ask AGAIN, what does the Hippo do that is HARD? What animals does it take on that are bigger and stronger than it?
It's pointless arguing this with you. Wizard GRUMBLES that it was bred in captivity, yet the very fact that the great white shark is an animal that is TOO hard to be bred in captivity cut no ice with you badger CHEATS.

Similarly, I could come up with several hard hippo facts (such as the number of human deaths it is responsible for, or the fact that even the Nile croc leaves hippos well alone) and you'd still come back with some crap fact about how your cute little badger eats snakes (while neglecting to mention it is IMMUNE from the venom).

The hippo is cruising this contest and rightly so, and next year will be the year of the BLACK MAMBA snake. :clap: :clap:

Bless. Mellotron has produced a CARTOON in a desparate effort to illustrate his point. Lovely stuff.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Similarly, I could come up with several hard hippo facts (such as the number of human deaths it is responsible for, or the fact that even the Nile croc leaves hippos well alone) and you'd still come back with some crap fact about how it eats snakes (while neglecting to mention it is IMMUNE from the venom).

The hippo is cruising this contest and rightly so, and next year will be the year of the BLACK MAMBA snake. :clap: :clap:

Crocs are NOWHERE near as big as Hippos, HOW is that hard at all? The Honey Badger takes on things bigger than it AND wins, that is the definition of HARD. How hard is that to understand? What's hard about taking on things smaller than you and winning? I could kill a million ants if I wanted, would it make me hard? :facepalm:

Hippos leave the water at dusk and travel inland, sometimes up to 8 kilometers (5 mi), to graze on short grass, their main source of food. They spend four to five hours grazing and can consume 68 kilograms (150 lb) of grass each night.[42] Like almost any herbivore, they will consume many other plants if presented with them, but their diet in nature consists almost entirely of grass, with only minimal consumption of aquatic plants.

Not EVEN a carnivore. Leave those PLANTS alone you big bully hippo!

NAME SOMETHING HARD THE HIPPO DOES, like beating up elephants regularly. I still await your list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here