Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010 World's FLAIREST ever unit- nominations

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Hungary circa 1950-54. By far the best team on the planet at that time, gaining flair points both for their playing style and the fact that the only game they lost between about '51 to '56 or something was the world cup final, blowing a 2-0 lead over a German team they were so much better than it physically hurt.

Additional points also awarded as their star player was fat, slow, one-footed and smoked 20+ a day, yet still lorded it over the other 21 players on the field with ease.

Plus it wasn't getting old, diminishing skills or even too many cigarettes than ended the reign - oh no, it was DEFECTION to the WEST. CAN YOU GET ANY MORE FLAIR THAN THAT?!

Thing is though, that team was ALL about Puskas

His Hungary record = 84 goals in 85 games

AND he scored a hat trick against Barcelona, both home and away (while with Real) in the same season

He then managed THIRTEEN different sides

Can anyone boast more teams than that?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Thing is though, that team was ALL about Puskas

His Hungary record = 84 goals in 85 games

AND he scored a hat trick against Barcelona, both home and away (while with Real) in the same season

He then managed THIRTEEN different sides

Can anyone boast more teams than that?

Puskas is one of the all-time emperors of flair, but that team was not all about him. Nandor Hidegkuti invented the deep lying striker role, and Sandor Kocsis was also epic.

Golden Team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This describes it better than I can.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Ajax 2009/2010 currently have a +83 goal difference and yet are still only second in the table.....there must be some sort of flair factor there surely?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Ajax 2009/2010 currently have a +83 goal difference and yet are still only second in the table.....there must be some sort of flair factor there surely?

Problem is they're second to Steve McClaren's FC Twente

It's a bit like saying you're the best at wiping out human life, behind CANCER

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Brazil 82

JUNIOR - overlapping, bearded wonder
SOCRATES - chain-smoking playmaker
EDER - playboy winger, scorer of beautiful goals
FALCAO - 2nd best goal celebration of the tournament (after Marco Tardelli)

All temperamental geniuses.

Plus 2 of the crappiest Brazilians ever:
WALDIR PERES - shocking baldie of a keeper. Did the impossible by making Alan Rough look half-decent.
SERGINHO - a Hackney Marshes of a striker, it was painful watching him waste chance after chance created by the best midfield ever. Think Craig Davies playing for Man United.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Is ANYONE going to second my Bolton team of '05, for crying out loud:rant:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Is ANYONE going to second my Bolton team of '05, for crying out load:rant:

if you edit your post so it says 'loud' instead of 'load' then you definitely have my support

Oct 25, 2003
i'll happily second a general Bolton Wanderers "golden oldies" entry

HIDETOSHI NAKATA

and scott, your beloved Greek borefest performed the greatest travesty in the history of flair when they knocked out the super flair CZECH REPUBLIC and with their 2-3-5 formation

but, i will admit, that i did laugh in your FACE when you suggested that greece could win it, which i am now scoffing down the humble pie

Oct 25, 2003
oh- and i will also second liverpools SPICE BOYS

pass & move it's the liverpool groove!

chelsea and liverpool used to be so COOL

Oct 25, 2003
+ if a REAL MADRID team get's into this i can see scenes reminiscent of "human gate" in the worlds hardest creature competition

Oct 25, 2003
how about senegal 2002?

Team that defeated France: Tony Sylva; Omar Daf, Papa Malick Diop, Aliou Cisse, Khaliou Fadiga; El-Hadji Diouf, Lamine Diatta, Moussa D'Diaye, Salif Diao Ferdinand Coly, Papa Boupa Diop. Selected Subs Not Used: Henri Camara; Amdy Faye, Habib Beye

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
right, as far as i can see thus far the following all have TWO nominations:

brazil 1970
chelsea 00-01
england 1996
derby 98/99
newcastle 95/96
middlesbrough 96/97
les invicibles 03-04
coventry 99/00
hungary/puskas 1950's
bolton 2005
liverpool 95/96

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bradford city 00-01 - not only was it the team that effectively BANKRUPTED them with a quite honestly LUDICROUS attempt to stay in the premiership, but it featured these flair heros:

stan the man
benito carbone
dean windass
ashley ward
dean saunders
lee sharpe
jamie "black man, red hair" lawrence
neville "emergency signing" southall
gunnar halle

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think the TRUE BLUES just about outflair the DIRTY YELLOWS despite their man advantage, although both could possibly get involved:

Attachments

• True Blues.JPG
    True Blues.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 64
  • Dirty Yellows.JPG
    Dirty Yellows.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 62

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think the TRUE BLUES just about outflair the DIRTY YELLOWS despite their man advantage, although both could possibly get involved:

true blues were quite clearly the flair team in that match up - they had the hippo SWALLOWING the ball, the turkey BURRYING his head in the ground and the kangaroo using his TAIL to bounce the ball behind him. throw in the elephant distributing with his drunk, and you have one flair outfit

true blues are well and truly SECONDED - big call coming up for the administrators as to whether they are allowed in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here