• Yes

Votes: 49 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 41.0%

• Total voters

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Given his performances for Forest when I've been to watch I would say he is probably worth about 20k at best BUT I wouldn't take the 200k because it is clear he is rated there so Forest will be willing and able to pay more than 200k (otherwise why would they have started negotiations at this figure?).

Another point is that when Adams shipped Lynch out we were in a bad position given that neither club nor Lynch wanted to be associated with one another. Slade can now say to Forest 'well if you dont want to pay our 450k* asking price then we will have him back until 2011 when his contract runs out' or something similar.

*made up price inserted her for effect.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I was hoping that when Slade came in, Lynch might see the Albion in a different light, and that a part of him would want to come back and play for us again.

Seemingly he doesn't :down:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I was hoping that when Slade came in, Lynch might see the Albion in a different light, and that a part of him would want to come back and play for us again.

Seemingly he doesn't :down:

Do we know that he doesn't? He couldn't come back this season anyway because Forest paid a fee for him to be there on loan until the end of the season.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Do we know that he doesn't? He couldn't come back this season anyway because Forest paid a fee for him to be there on loan until the end of the season.

You're right, we don't know. I was just assuming that, if there is any truth in this £200,000 rumour, Forest may have discussed it with Lynch first. I might be wrong and I suppose there is no reason why they would have done.

I would love to have him back at the club. Hopefully Slade and Knight can have a word with him and persuade him his future lies here.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You're right, we don't know. I was just assuming that, if there is any truth in this £200,000 rumour, Forest may have discussed it with Lynch first. I might be wrong and I suppose there is no reason why they would have done.

I would love to have him back at the club. Hopefully Slade and Knight can have a word with him and persuade him his future lies here.

Agreed.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I agree but if Joel could re-capture some of his early potential, he would be worth far more to us than anyone we could buy for £200K.
Exactly - but how long do we have to wait for this early potential to be realised? We waited far too long for players like Robinson and Gatting to 'fulfill their potential' - I say we should take Forests money and run!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If we have to sell him I'd like a larger fee, even if realistically we can't get what we should. The ideal scenario is that he comes back (happily).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't take it.

My reading of the situation is that at the end of last season Lynch was worth more than £200,000. However he has had an indifferent season at Forest and, off the back of that, Forest want to get him on the cheap. They will probably argue that they have already paid one years' worth of wages and £25,000 for the season long loan and therefore they have already paid in part (of sorts) for the player.

I would wait before the managerial situation is clearer before making a decision. However, this does go to show that it will be important to get a pernament manager in place within a couple of weeks of the season ending.

What on earth has the fact they have paid one years worth of salary got to do with his fee, they have had the use of his services for that period.

I say get rid and include a 30% sell on clause.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
What on earth has the fact they have paid one years worth of salary got to do with his fee, they have had the use of his services for that period.

This could be the best way out of the whole thing rather than trying to get a higher fee now. 30% sell on could be worth a lot if/when he gets a move to a lower table prem team.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No chance tell them to do one. Slade seems to rate him (interview when first took the job) so get him back as centre back pairing with Elphick and with Whing and McNaulty on either side that is a pretty good defence. They could be in the same league as us next year anyway

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Absolutely nothing in my opinion, I'm just trying to think of things from Forest's point of view. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This was the guy who REFUSED to play for us because he was having a sulk about Adams treatment of him. He can f*** right off in my book, totally unprofessional and from comments made on here by a certain ex Albion player a while ago non too popular with the rest of the squad.

CKR got slaughtered on here because he was a bit stroppy but at no stage did he refuse to play, if he had NSC would have imploded. CKR was also a much better player.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I would wait before the managerial situation is clearer before making a decision.

why bother, all the time Forest want him, he wont want to come back.

take the money (maybe a bit more) and ensure a good sell-on if he does fulfill his potential.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
This was the guy who REFUSED to play for us because he was having a sulk about Adams treatment of him. He can f*** right off in my book, totally unprofessional and from comments made on here by a certain ex Albion player a while ago non too popular with the rest of the squad.

CKR got slaughtered on here because he was a bit stroppy but at no stage did he refuse to play, if he had NSC would have imploded. CKR was also a much better player.

Without meaning to start another debate, CKR threw his albion shirt on the floor and refused to acknowledge the away support at Rotherham a few seasons back which in my book is criminal.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
if we go down we should sell. its a decent price for somebody the club have decided they don't want around - or at least adams didn't want around.

but if we stay up we should keep. we've already seen that he's an excellent league 1 centre half so why sell hime if we're in league 1? also i would hope whoever is in charge would get us playing plassing football so a ball playing centre half would be ideal. not many of those knocking around.

get him back and get him playing alongside tommy - hopefully in league 1 next year.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

don't think that's true. i thought adams refused to pick him even though hawkins couldn't walk let alone run, plus he's just had a stormer in his first start of the season at northampton in the paint pot. can you blame lynch for feeling a bit upset about how adams treatment him?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You weren't at Rotherham then....

The damage had been done by then, Lynch got overlooked for what...2 games? No comparison imo as CKR had ongoing problems ( for whatever reason) over a period of time. I'm not defending or lauding him but Lynch's abilities seem to have reached mythical proportions on here and too many Albion fans seem willing to forgive something far worse than chucking a shirt down or ignoring the bench for a few mins ...just my take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here