• Yes

Votes: 49 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 41.0%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
don't think that's true. i thought adams refused to pick him even though hawkins couldn't walk let alone run, plus he's just had a stormer in his first start of the season at northampton in the paint pot. can you blame lynch for feeling a bit upset about how adams treatment him?

I can blame any player refusing to play for the club who pays his wages, yes. He needs to grow up and fight for the shirt not throw a hissy and ask for a transfer so early in the season. Do we really want a player with this sort of attitude?

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
if i were manager i would hold out for more than that! clearly does not want to play for us (can't complain) but i think he's worth much more.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I can blame any player refusing to play for the club who pays his wages, yes. He needs to grow up and fight for the shirt not throw a hissy and ask for a transfer so early in the season. Do we really want a player with this sort of attitude?

yes but did he actually REFUSE to play for us? Or did he just ask for a transfer? remember adams said in the argus 'he won't have a problem from me' but that's exactly what he had becuase adams wouldn't select him.

lynch is class. why wouldn't you want him playing for us? when cullip was on the transfer list did you think he shouldn't be wearing the shirt? if lynch had been playing whilst he wanted away he might have been just as committed?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yes but did he actually REFUSE to play for us? Or did he just ask for a transfer? remember adams said in the argus 'he won't have a problem from me' but that's exactly what he had becuase adams wouldn't select him.

lynch is class. why wouldn't you want him playing for us? when cullip was on the transfer list did you think he shouldn't be wearing the shirt? if lynch had been playing whilst he wanted away he might have been just as committed?

All Villa fans have known that Barry has wanted Champions League football since at least last summer, but all year he has put the performances in week in week out and been absolute class.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
lynch is class. ?

There's the rub. After our shit season and defensive frailties this season many fans are willing to forgive what they wouldn't forgive in a lesser player. I'm not as big a fan as most but I accept he has plenty of potential but had brain freeze way too often to be considered class imo.

If Fraser or Davies for the sake of argument had behaved in the same way as Lynch would they get your full support??

As far as I remember and I could be wrong he refused to play saying he wasn't mentally right, which is lame and somewhat childish imo for a professiona footballer

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
There's the rub. After our shit season and defensive frailties this season many fans are willing to forgive what they wouldn't forgive in a lesser player. I'm not as big a fan as most but I accept he has plenty of potential but had brain freeze way too often to be considered class imo.

If Fraser or Davies for the sake of argument had behaved in the same way as Lynch would they get your full support??

As far as I remember and I could be wrong he refused to play saying he wasn't mentally right, which is lame and somewhat childish imo for a professiona footballer

if fraser had a stormer in his first start of the season but next game was dropped for a midfielding hawkins (now there's a horrible thought) then yeah because it starts to look like a vendetta against the player. same rule with davies. don't want to hark on about adams becuase he's long gone but one thing that really annoyed me was his guff about keeping the shirt if you play well policy. he had his special ones and they played regardless... that was his policy.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Yes, i would definately take 200k for him. Although he is a good player with great potential, he has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't to play for us again. This money would be very useful as it could go towards one or even two good players, perhaps as good, or better than Lynch that actually want to play for us

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How does everyone know that he dosn't want to play for us every again? Has he come out and public said that? Who knows he might want to prove himself to Slade in pre-season

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How does he feel now that MA has gone?

who cares take the money and run ........I think he might think we are to small for him to bother with now ...................Brighton boy should be able to play under any manager

There is no way I would take £200,000 for Lynch. He is under contract with us for another two years, and his potential suggests he is worth more than that.

Forest are quite clearly trying to get him on the cheap, and they probably think we will roll over because he seemingly doesn't want to play for us anymore. We should not be taken for mugs and should not ask for less than £500,000 in my opinion.

Potential schmotential, the tosser is into his twenties, is pretty crap as a defender, didn't and doesn't care about playing for BHAFC.
Rooney was 17 and playing for England, Lynch is at the height of his football career and has the potential to be a benchwarmer in league 1 (and again, soon, with Forest).

Attitude rubbish
Defending ability poor
Doesn't exactly bleed blue and white
doesn't 'play well with others'
thinks he's a big-time charlie
..... oh, but he's quite tall so he has potential.

What about this do some people not get? The guy is crap, doesn't even want to play for us, and thinks he's good!

ffs, shake Forest's arm off, sold, to the only bidder.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Tricky one

1) would he ever return or has he turned his back on the club for good (regardless of any managerial appointment, maybe due to the league we would be in and him wanting to play higher up?)

2) If he has decided to go whatever, would we be able to get more than the offer, would it go to tribunal, and if so, could we realistically expect to get a higher fee,

3) would other clubs be interested in signing him, if we accept £200k we can't have a bidding war between clubs over him

4) can we add any terms, such as sell on or appearance clauses to boost the final fee paid to us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here