Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2009/2010 season ticket prices - what will the club do?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given the current economic climate I (and a number of friends) wonder how the club will price football next season.

2009/2010 at the current prices, not to mention the poor football on offer, will result in a huge drop in season ticket sales IMHO.

Will the club radically over haul the pricing structure? Some other clubs have done a similar thing with mixed success.

Most of the lapsed supporters I speak to cite cost as the reason for not going anymore.

It would be interesting to know how the club determine their prices. Does any science go into it, or is it a round-table-discussion? I am not aware of the commercial people having done any market research, or having looked into any different methods of marketing and/or advertising beyond the Argus advert. Maybe now is the time to be a little creative?

Over to you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've done me bollox and purchased the Withdean Waiver for two years, oh hang on we have another season after that

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Given the current economic climate I (and a number of friends) wonder how the club will price football next season.

2009/2010 at the current prices, not to mention the poor football on offer, will result in a huge drop in season ticket sales IMHO.

Will the club radically over haul the pricing structure? Some other clubs have done a similar thing with mixed success.

Most of the lapsed supporters I speak to cite cost as the reason for not going anymore.

It would be interesting to know how the club determine their prices. Does any science go into it, or is it a round-table-discussion? I am not aware of the commercial people having done any market research, or having looked into any different methods of marketing and/or advertising beyond the Argus advert. Maybe now is the time to be a little creative?

Over to you.

Totally agree! - Season Tickets need to be slashed no matter what division we're in next season - £250 is about right for the facilties and entertainment being served up at the moment. If we do go down- which now looks increasingly possible then a total overhaul is needed. Otherwise next season we will be down to gates of 4000.
Your also right to state that cost is the main factor - £15 is enough to pay at the moment

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Totally agree! - Season Tickets need to be slashed no matter what division we're in next season - £250 is about right for the facilties and entertainment being served up at the moment. If we do go down- which now looks increasingly possible then a total overhaul is needed. Otherwise next season we will be down to gates of 4000.
Your also right to state that cost is the main factor - £15 is enough to pay at the moment

That will really please those that purchased the two year one.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

I understand - but would anyone have predicted the current economic climate?, i seriously think that just freezing the prices for next season is just shuffling the deck chairs about - it needs something radical i'm afraid

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I hear what you are saying.

But if I bought a plasma TV for £2000 and next week it went down to £1000 I would be aggrieved.

You and others made your decision to purchase the two year ticket as you obviously perceived it as good value.

When it comes to renew then the choice would have to be made again.

Meanwhile the club have to get others to renew and if it means cutting prices, so be it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fair comments all round but those on the two year one may not bother to renew if the club drops the price.

Anyway the club are sh1te at marketing so don't worry as this is being radical and forward thinking which is beyond them.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

But if I bought a plasma TV for £2000 and next week it went down to £1000 I would be aggrieved.

You and others made your decision to purchase the two year ticket as you obviously perceived it as good value.

Meanwhile the club have to get others to renew and if it means cutting prices, so be it.

If they were to cut the prices to less than the pro-rata price a two year STH has paid (of which I am one) should be enititled to a small refund. Otherwise you are penalising them/us for laying out out the extra money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are plenty of ways round the perceived problem of what to do with people on two year seasons.

I understand Sheffield Wednesday implemented a new pricing policy yesterday and got a 'bumper' crowd. Bradford and Huddersfield have done similar things and had higher gates.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I seriously doubt the prices will go down, but I'm hoping for a pirce freeze again. I also think they should revise the concessions thing as, much as I support the idea of U21s like myself getting cheap tickets (catch em while they're young), it's pretty unfair on students who turn 21 that they suddenly have to pay a huge amount more without actually being in any different situation.

Whilst a price drop would be nice, I'm not sure it's really realistic.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I seriously doubt the prices will go down, but I'm hoping for a pirce freeze again. I also think they should revise the concessions thing as, much as I support the idea of U21s like myself getting cheap tickets (catch em while they're young), it's pretty unfair on students who turn 21 that they suddenly have to pay a huge amount more without actually being in any different situation.

Whilst a price drop would be nice, I'm not sure it's really realistic.

If any price drops are to be implemented, then it should be aimed at the current people who pay top whack and have no concessions.

Where do you propose the age range for students to stop then?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Expect it just to be a price freeze that they'll try and spin as being a fantastic deal.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If any price drops are to be implemented, then it should be aimed at the current people who pay top whack and have no concessions.

Where do you propose the age range for students to stop then?

No age range for students - just simply a concession if someone is in Full time education. It doesn't even matter if they keep the U21 bracket, I just think the system of a sudden £300 increase when you turn 21, yet are still probably only halfway through university is unfair. Surely concessions are for those who have a reason for not being able to pay full whack, I don't understand why there's apparently a sudden difference between beng 20 and 21 when really the situation has not changed at all.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

If you bought a pretty good 32 inch colour plasma and then the following year you were quoted the same price for a 14inch black and white set is a better analogy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe time to seek a concession from the council over the travel surcharge added to the ticket price. It artificially boosts the ticket price to a stupid amount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here