Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2003 - The NSC year in a thread

What have been your highlights (and lows) of NSC over the last twelve months or so?

For me the highs would have to include the actual return of NSC in January, the fake NSC that preceded it, and the summer meet-up.

My personal low point, although it seems to a lots of people's favourite, was the 'Is my ex a slut?' thread. Highly embarrassing, t'was a classic case of washing one's dirty laundry in public.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I attended the meeting in November and it was great for an exile such as myself to meet so many people who I sort of know in terms of personality and reputation but have never met face to face.

Low point, Dwayne and his snide allegations about Marc Vivien Foe's cause of death.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Highs - being nominated for best serious poster and best poster overall, followed by a great meet up. Also the lovely birthday thread I had back in August

Lows - some nasty unwarranted personal abuse from another poster.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Highs - November meeting and meeting everyone

Lows - you all know who he is :angry:

Highs - meeting some lovely people at the meet up and dancing to Footloose at the Standard after with Lush and co. Making some great friends

Lows - Rumours, lies and allegations from 2 posters - one of which has been banned. This is not a site for abuse.:nono:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Highs: That whatever the ups and downs, fall-outs or squabbles, NSC remains the best ever footy message board. As proved on July 19th and November 29th.

Lows: Those times when things have got way too personal and nice people have suffered real grief as a result.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
High - moving NSC to our current hosts which has resulted in the previously prohibitive bandwidth usage fees becoming a thing of the past. And long may it last. The future of NSC is safer than it has ever been.

Low - the few times of abuse that have led to people not feeling they can use NSC for any period of time. The minority are able to ruin it for the majority, on occasion, but NSC is largely self-policing and those that do try and ruin what is generally a fun place are soon brought into line.

Bring on 2004...

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
High: Being nominated for best sig:clap2:
Low: Being accused of being a racist even though my name was blatantly not racist (cheers safeway:p ;) )

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Highs, the continuing humour and the increased numbers of female posters.

Lows, sorry but Dwayne spings to mind.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Highs - Everyone putting hands in pocket to sponsor a player and then picking the mighty Guy.

Lows - All the negative posts after losing a few games all doom and gloom when Falmer is on the horizon and we have so much to look forward to.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Highs - the meet-up; Artois' Family Fortunes thread; that 12 people are willing to cough up over £200 to sponsor the Peterborough match next season in the name of NSC.

Lows - Overuse of the c-word; that I still have to get four more people to cough up over £200 to sponsor the Peterborough match.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
highs - cleethorpes, meeting new nice people

lows - having to see the sad lives of some people with stupid threads. and people arguing

poke

Oct 19, 2003
highs - the meet up, cos it would just be me and filthy travelling away on our own.
also the pre match pints in the brewery tap

lows - cant think of any lows,

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Highs - Started posting on NSC after "watching" in the wings for a few years. Making new friends through the meet-ups and various matches, also playing footy with on Fridays and sundays (Roll on AFC Lizard)

Lows - I'm too happy right now to think of any :)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Weekend in Cleethorpes thread in May punk:

Brilliant. Just superb scenes.

At the beginning of the year, I think I knew just Fatboy & Beefy. (Well, and Fake Slim, but where is he now?). Met loads of people this year, absolutely superb. No low points for me, like Crabtree, I'm too emotional now...:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here