Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20/20 WC - England - Holland

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So should we be brave and play 2 spinners?
I think yes

Bopora
Wright
Pietersen
Shah
Collingwood
Morgan
Mascerenhas
Foster
Broad
Swann
Patel

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Who is Patel? Are you neing casually racist? Do you mean Rashid? I wouldn't play Mascerenhas, I don't like him.

Bopara
Wright
Pieterson
Collingwood
Morgan
Foster
Swann
Broad
Rashid
Anderson
Sidebottom

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we should field a team of GEESE. We're playing Holland, we don't need to take this one seriously.

You can't call someone casually racist then say you don't like DIMI.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
My team would be:

Wright
Bopara
KP
Shah
Collingwood
Morgan
Foster
Broad
Swann
Sidebottom
Anderson

I think we need 3 frontline pace bowlers and 1 spinner. We can get the other overs out of Collingwood, Wright and Bopara. Rather strangely they don't seem to rate Bopara as a bowler but I think his skiddy action is quite suitable to Twenty:20 cricket.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Who is Patel? Are you neing casually racist? Do you mean Rashid? I wouldn't play Mascerenhas, I don't like him.

Oh yeah. I blame the exam I had to do this morning in treating people as individuals. I'd definetely have MassiveAnus in their, he's a big hitter

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
I don't see the point in 3 pacemen in 20/20, you're never gonna bowl 12 overs of proper speed unless you're South Africa. You definetely need two spinners

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't see the point in 3 pacemen in 20/20, you're never gonna bowl 12 overs of proper speed unless you're South Africa. You definetely need two spinners

I would only play them in this game to be honest. I like the way Sidey bowled the other day.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
It's more Gypsy than Faggy i'd say.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
2 spinners surely. that's what's worked in 2020 so far. mascerenhas should play, he's got IPL experience hasn't he, which most of the other top players benefit from.

also please explain the patel reference please? so we've got the full facts before making our accusations.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thing is, I think Swann is a better bat than Shah in this form anyway so he plays as an all rounder, allowing Rashid a place.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol

Australia will probably get 12 overs out of Bracken, Lee and Johnson and they seem to know what they are doing with Twenty 20. India use I Pathan, Sharma and RP Singh, South Africa perhaps more with Steyn, Morkel, Kallis and maybe Parnell as well. Those 3 are the favourites, I still think 3 frontline pace bowlers are required.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sorry but that is just plain and simply rubbish. :wave:

Swann has a marginally better strike rate (140 compared to 138) and Shah has a higher average, which you'd expect as he bats higher than Swann (though Swann doe open SOMETIMES). Also you can rely on Swann in the field, not so Shah. If it was between those two I'b be on Swann all day (even without his bowling actually).

Can you tell that I don't like Shah that much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here