Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20/20 WC - England - Holland

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Patriotism switched off today, then? Will the real Cheeky Monkey please stand up?

Not that simple I'm afraid Wozza. I rabidly support us at footy, but some of the knobs that play cricket for England - the oily South African and Flintoff to name two, mean I'm never bothered whether we lose. The whole wankfest and OBE dishing out after we managed the pathetic feat of actually winning the Ashes for the first time in living memory was the final straw for me and must have had the Aussies pissing themselves laughing. Surely the most pointless OBE's (or MBEs) EVER awarded!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Not that simple I'm afraid Wozza. I rabidly support us at footy, but some of the knobs that play cricket for England - the oily South African and Flintoff to name two, mean I'm never bothered whether we lose.

But you think it's great that, say, Ronaldo and Berbatov 'represent England' (according to you) in the Champions League?

:wozza: :wozza: :wozza:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But you think it's great that, say, Ronaldo and Berbatov 'represent England' (according to you) in the Champions League?

:wozza: :wozza: :wozza:

Go back, read the post of mine you quoted and see if you can spot a hint of irony in there, something I suspect may be beyond you from your humourless approach to NSC. Did you take it literally that people on here would be required to conscript themselves into the Italian army? Did you see any tongue in butt cheek in there? No thought not. Anyway to clarify for you - I don't support England at cricket, but I support them at Football. FYI I also don't support England at rugby either if that helps.

:thumbsup:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
There is quite a thriving cricket scene in the Netherlands but I don't know why.

I'd want to hear from Trufflehound about this to find out how this has been received by the Dutch media.

Those that play cricket here are enthusiastic, but they are a very tiny minority. The vast majority of Dutch people are completely unaware that this tournament is taking place at all, which happily means I can set foot on the street without being subjected to torment and ridicule (unlike when they beat us at football).

The media here has treated it with mild indifference - a bit like if England were to win a volleyball match against a top country (whoever they are...). We might feel briefly chuffed about that, but ultimately would anyone care apart from a tiny hardcore of English volleyball fans (if there are any)?

When it has been reported in the press (and this is fairly typical) they seem to more amused by England's shame than by the Netherlands' unexpected glory... http://www.sportwereld.nl/algemeen/3270879/Klompen_1__Idioten_0.html

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
fun_bags.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here