Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
L Wright
Bopara
Key - Whats the point? - Mascheranas should of played
O Shah - Too Slow - Napier Should play
Collingwood (C)
E Morgan - Debatable
J Foster (W) - Debatable but Up to the stumps he is a good WK imo.
Rashid
Broad
Sidebottom- Should have played Swann IMO
Anderson

This is T/20 players like Key & Shah are pointless if you have a good opening partnership as we seem to have, you need impact players (Napier & Dimi) to come in when the openers get out not neat nurdlers like Key & Shah who play a big part in a frankly gutless middle order.
And yet the selectors seem to make the same mistakes, OVER and over again by selecting people who aren't suitable for that version of the game. :rant:

Rant over.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Slighty harsh HG;

James Anderson 4.0 0 23 3

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bopara and wright together look like a class act wright brute force and bopara a real good timer of the ball and has all the shots,the dutch are not top in the world for bowling so time will tell if these two are able to produce against the likes of austrailia ect,not taking anything away from the dutch lads but the rest of the england batting line up frankly looked shyte.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Bopara and wright together look like a class act

100 off 66 balls between them :)

_45875987_wrightpa282.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
do they ACTUALLY like cricket in the netherlands? i've never really understood why they seem to be far better at it than all of the (non english speaking) countries in europe

There is quite a thriving cricket scene in the Netherlands but I don't know why.

I'd want to hear from Trufflehound about this to find out how this has been received by the Dutch media.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Listened to a interview with Smits i think it was earlier and he said all the lads are very very proud,most have been saving up thier money for this tournament for a very long time and have taken unpaid leave from thier jobs to participate,but now its all worth the sacrifice. Kind of brings it into perspective how big a upset in sporting terms this is when you consider our boys are on hooba wedge and have a arse wiper in the changing room incase of a midmatch turtle appearing. Caps off to the Dutch :smokin:

alex_brighton

Banned
Jan 29, 2009
L Wright
Bopara
Key - Whats the point? - Mascheranas should of played
O Shah - Too Slow - Napier Should play
Collingwood (C)
E Morgan - Debatable
J Foster (W) - Debatable but Up to the stumps he is a good WK imo.
Rashid
Broad
Sidebottom- Should have played Swann IMO
Anderson

This is T/20 players like Key & Shah are pointless if you have a good opening partnership as we seem to have, you need impact players (Napier & Dimi) to come in when the openers get out not neat nurdlers like Key & Shah who play a big part in a frankly gutless middle order.
And yet the selectors seem to make the same mistakes, OVER and over again by selecting people who aren't suitable for that version of the game. :rant:

Rant over.

completly aggre, hopefull the selectors will see sence v pakistan

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Holland were immense. Bowled and fielded extremely well to set themselves up for victory. Secretly pleased that a lesser nation have beaten a core nation.

Games like that are why I love sport...not Fat Frank's latest pay deal, not the latest 'champions league' classic fixed by the big teams to avoid upsets etc etc...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
kin ell, didn't realise Broad missed 3 run outs and dropped a catch. Hes had an absolute mare there.

Yup, either one of those could have won us the game, but then that would have covered up our inept batting in the last 10 overs. Also, not 1 six in our 20 overs, they cracked a couple in the first 3 overs.

They deserved to win. Simple as that.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Don't know what the f*** Broad was playing at in the last over., The first run out miss was just about forgivable as was the C&B chance but the second run out chance where he dropped the ball and hit the stumps with his hand and final over throw was just embarasing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Agreed, although I'm not 'secretly' pleased, I'm well chuffed. Hopefully this will do wonders for Dutch cricket, and raise the profile of the game in Europe.

Patriotism switched off today, then? Will the real Cheeky Monkey please stand up?

Anyone voting for Barca is a dellusional sheep-like Man Utd hater who has no real idea why they hate United and to boot would probably fight for Italy in the next world war rather than their own fricking country - nation traitors everyone of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here