Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 More Empty Seats for the Rest of the Season. Another Loyal Supporter Lost.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just had a phonecall from a friends dad saying he had accidently taken my wallet instead of his 2 days ago and he has only just f***ing realised and phoned and told me. So panic over. Thanks a lot for all of your help guys. Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Hope the club isn't going the wrong way.

All abuse heading my way accepted.

Have you made sure he hasn't stolen your ST though!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I really would say that if you have your wallet stolen, you must report it to the police.

As far as this stupid £25 charge is concerned, it is just that and something should be done to get it scrapped in the event of proven theft when a police reference number is supplied. No one CHOOSES to have their season tickets stolen and considering it costs around £2 to produce a smart card of ANY type, that means that the club are making a profit of 1250% profit for the club...it's disgusting that the club are penalising someone who has been the victim of a crime. Even insurance companies aren't THAT mercenary!

When i went in there about my missing card they said if it was stolen then there is no fee, but as it was only lost then there would be a charge of £25.

So far no one has mentioned those who abused the system and led to the club taking this action to try to prevent it as being the cause of this fee, its easier for some to just blame the club.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My ST just stopped working earlier this season for whatever reason... they gave me another one free of charge at the ticket office, I guess the FoC on that is standard?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This, the muppets who man the ticket office desks are jobsworths, email the ticket office and the manager will sort it out quickly and easily as he did me just before christmas - I don't know why emailing is more successful that face to face, in any other business it is the other way around

Probably more a case that they don't have the authority to make the decision to waive the fee and have to go by what they have been instructed / trained to do.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Have you made sure he hasn't stolen your ST though!

Yes lol.
Could somebody PM me Barber's email so that I can thank him, despite actually not needing it. DOH.

Passion is back. Come on Seagulls! 3 points for my birthday tomorrow please :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't keep mine in the little plastic thing i call a wallet as it messes with using my oyster card.

Had that problem when I first got the ST last season! Couldn't work out why the hell my Oyster card wouldn't work, at all. Obviously realised eventually, but strange that my Oyster card is fine with bank cards but not a BHA ST!

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
My wife mislaid her ST a few weeks back.... paid the £25, got a replacement, then found the original. I think the £25 is a bit steep, but is there to discourage frivolrous replacements being requested etc. I think there should be a waiver in cases of theft or your house burning down etc.... but my wife now makes sure whe knows exactly where her card is... so its taught her a lesson.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Just had a phonecall from a friends dad saying he had accidently taken my wallet instead of his 2 days ago and he has only just f***ing realised and phoned and told me. So panic over. Thanks a lot for all of your help guys. Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Hope the club isn't going the wrong way.

:lolol::lolol: you're gonna get PELTERS when i see you at the railway club tomorrow

Lush

Mods' Pet
My wife mislaid her ST a few weeks back.... paid the £25, got a replacement, then found the original. I think the £25 is a bit steep, but is there to discourage frivolrous replacements being requested etc. I think there should be a waiver in cases of theft or your house burning down etc.... but my wife now makes sure whe knows exactly where her card is... so its taught her a lesson.

This. Why should the club have to keep forking out because people have lost/mislaid/lent their cards rather than had them physically stolen.

Reminds me of when people bleat about their e-mail/Facebook/Twitter accounts being 'hacked', as if they're the Pentagon or summat, when all that's happened is they've clicked on a dodgy link themselves.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Had that problem when I first got the ST last season! Couldn't work out why the hell my Oyster card wouldn't work, at all. Obviously realised eventually, but strange that my Oyster card is fine with bank cards but not a BHA ST!

Because the Oyster and ST cards are contactless types, whereas the bank cards aren't?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I assume that was a question? Could well be the answer, but I have no clue.

A question yes, probably because I don't know for sure, but it seems logical.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

dont mean to be rude mate but they charge a fee to replace a ticket they havent personally offended you.

in terms of time cost already spent dealing with this, before even sorting out the replacement, i am sure that that £25 is probably mostly already spent.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You relocated to Devon - Not The Clubs fault
You are unemployed - Not The Clubs fault
You lost your wallet - Not the clubs fault
In your wallet was your season tickets on a non-matchday - Not the Clubs fault
In your wallet was the only disposable income you have days before you were going to use it - Not the Clubs fault

I don't get it.

The club charge £25 to replace each ST - Not Op's fault

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I'd think that the club and Paul Barber in this instance would be flexible enough to take each case on its merits, and make the occasional exception - although having just read the message above that's obviously not necessary in this instance. I think we should not simply accept whatever the club decides to tell us/decides to implement as policy and should challenge it if it seems unfair. Doing that in the past, as you well know, is what actually led to us still having a club to support :)

i think the knee jerk reactions, you being 'flabbergasted' that they charge a fee to spend loads of time discussing a replacement card for one thats simply been briefly mislaid, really makes the need for a charge all the more obvious now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here