Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 More Empty Seats for the Rest of the Season. Another Loyal Supporter Lost.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Good point. I had not thought of this. If it was free or cheap then you could 'loose' the smartcard and get a replacement for a partner to use as a Travelcard in Brighton every day the Albion are at home.

They still could as six match days of free travel is less than £25.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
For those who have just joined this thread:

-the original poster lost his season ticket card

-he called the Albion to say he'd either lost it or had it nicked

-because he didn't specifically say it had been nicked, they told him the standard charge would be £25, as per all lost tickets

-he came on here to tell us how unfair it all was

-he found out it wasn't stolen but a mate had it by mistake

-so he now has his wallet

-the Albion haven't charged him anything.

-and they wouldn't have charged him had he specified that it had been stolen in the first place.

I'm off to live happily ever after.

Sorry, but you don't specify if the Albion have 2 more empty seats or not.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good point. I had not thought of this. If it was free or cheap then you could 'loose' the smartcard and get a replacement for a partner to use as a Travelcard in Brighton every day the Albion are at home.

Christ you are quick. :D

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
how about giving the club some credit for having thought things through and getting it right, rather than all these knee jerk reactions to an initial unreliable post

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
June 2014.

Starring Orlando Bloom as the wronged punter, with Keira Knightley as Hapless Ticket Office Girl #1, Alan Rickman as the villainous Barber, and Dame Judi Dench as M.

I heard that Charlie Oatway was in the ticket office at the time of the phone call - casting call for Ross Kemp ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably more a case that they don't have the authority to make the decision to waive the fee and have to go by what they have been instructed / trained to do.

My problem was getting my £4 back I was overcharged for Newcastle tickets, but surely on a match day (well before KO I might add) there was somebody there who could authorise, it wasn't as if it was busy at the time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There should only be a set nominal charge to cover club costs, but enough to encourage all fans to look after their cards.

Hopefully in your circumstances, any charge will be waived, but as someone has said already it requires your polite communication to the Club.

NOW SUPERCEDED BY EVENTS.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
When will the club implement a digital thumb-prints system?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
When will the club implement a digital thumb-prints system?

That must be the way to go - then you wouldn't need a card at all (just show your thumb to the railway/bus guys). If anyone wanted to pass a ticket on the buyer would need to have a latex impression of the seller's thumb - just like in a dodgy spy movie. Or they could just cut the thumb off and bring it with them.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Haven't read the whole thread mate, but if shelling out £50 for replacement smart cards (that YOU lost) is going to cause such a strain on your annual budget, you probably shouldn't have shelled out £900 for two season tickets in the first place.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
The OP's mate was telling anyone with ears on the train yesterday to the Newcastle match that he found his wallet on his coffee table in the end. Made up the bollocks about his mates dad accidentally taking his wallet. Plonker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here