Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 interesting bits of info from my tour

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There would of been Albion fans behind the goal even if STHs werent there !! Id imagine these seats will be cheaper though, because you may have to move for a few games a season.

I'd rather have a hard core element of supporters behind the goal as season ticket holders instead of a fortnightly hit and miss approach with fans never in the same seat twice. It can affect the atmosphere if half of your mates are not sitting near you.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So we will be left with just one empty corner - they may as well do both of them!
They will restrict access in/out of the North through the East corner while the west corner is done, and probably visa versa.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Kuszczak would be brilliant news if true. And I thought the conditions under which the stadium expansion was approved was that it was done with the two North corners being done for the season after? Hopefully that's flexible enough for them to do one of the corners (presumably NW) for next season!

I think you're right, max 28,000 this season with 30, 500 allowed next season if new transport methods can be found other than Bennet's Field.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Yes re grass... New shoots coming through...using a new improved underlay stuff that seeds grow into in order to make the pitch much softer.... LOADS of work going on everywhere... Proper building site today..

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
............ . And I thought the conditions under which the stadium expansion was approved was that it was done with the two North corners being done for the season after? Hopefully that's flexible enough for them to do one of the corners (presumably NW) for next season!

No.

Planning was approved for 30,500 seats. It's up to the Club when they put them in.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No.

Planning was approved for 30,500 seats. It's up to the Club when they put them in.

Interesting. Must be tempting to just GO FOR IT, would surely work out cheaper too rather than having to get the builders back in again this time next year. Season ticket sales have exceeded expectations so why not just do the lot! woop woop.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought the north corners would be done but 'access holes' left?

Just the North East corner mate - and it's only just bigger than the width of an ambulance - not that noticeable

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really? I thought both corners would be left open for access, no doubt im wrong, anyone got those plans handy?

I could be wrong but pretty sur eit's just NE corner - You could see the structure was already in place to leave a gap too.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Nope, both NE and NW corners have access, NE looks bigger though.. Amex Stadium.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'd rather have a hard core element of supporters behind the goal as season ticket holders instead of a fortnightly hit and miss approach with fans never in the same seat twice. It can affect the atmosphere if half of your mates are not sitting near you.

100% this, the cup matches, notably Gillingham, Sunderland and Wrexham, had dire atmosphere in the north for 85% of the game because so many STH chose to try another part of the ground, or didn't come at all, leaving seats open for one offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here