Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 interesting bits of info from my tour

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any sign of the many many nimbies and fans of other clubs who said that as we couldn't fill Withdean what was the point in building Falmer?

Dec 29, 2011
Any sign of the many many nimbies who said that as we couldn't fill Withdean what was the point of building Falmer?

It's the second season, give it time. If we're still getting 22-26k/week in ten years time I think it'll be time to call it success :)

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Not a chance of doing any work in the North West corner during the season, would cause huge disruption and structurally very difficult process, so needs to be completed once the 2012/13 season is completed.

More to the point we still have over 1000 season tickets up for grabs, so despite the outstanding uptake on season tickets to date, I hardly feel the need to bring forward the northern corners is justified at present.

Dont we have a two week break during the season and if we have away game before or after the break would give 3 weeks to complete.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's the second season, give it time. If we're still getting 22-26k/week in ten years time I think it'll be time to call it success :)

I think you can bin any thoughts of 5k crowds at league matches for many years

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Some pictures of building work
100_0648.JPG100_0650.JPG100_0672.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0651.JPG
    100_0651.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 163

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Dont we have a two week break during the season and if we have away game before or after the break would give 3 weeks to complete.

I think I'm correct in saying the Northern corners require a large amount of structural work and contractors were expecting the works to take at least 6-8 weeks.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I had my tour at 1 today with another chap called John... NOTHING mentioned re North corner BUT ticket office told me today they are close to selling 22k season tickets...I asked if they would sell out when they go on general release next wednesday...His reply...They will all sell out before then...they have loads of season ticket presentations/ tours booked over next few days, loads of interest from phone sales/ general visits etc...looks very good on that front...

Oh yeah the chap doing the tour confirmed kushcak had been snuck into stadium last week....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The South Stand has no STHs, only the SW Corner. South Stand is Match-by-Match only, so this space would be used for Cup games.

Not according to a reply by Insider on ATC last night. There WILL be STH's in the South Stand behind the goal but they will be moved (blocks next to SWC where the matchday sales will normally be ?) for big Cup matches.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seagulls website says 10th...

That was yesterdays news, this is todays!

More to the point we still have over 1000 season tickets up for grabs, so despite the outstanding uptake on season tickets to date, I hardly feel the need to bring forward the northern corners is justified at present.

They haven't even gone on general sale yet, give them a chance, they are quietly confident that they are going to sell them all, so why not bring the 1000 seats construction forwards, they are going to do them anyway at some point?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not according to a reply by Insider on ATC last night. There WILL be STH's in the South Stand behind the goal but they will be moved (blocks next to SWC where the matchday sales will normally be ?) for big Cup matches.

Ah, never saw that. Wouldnt of thought sticking them there is the best idea tbh, should just keep it Match-by-Match, maybe give the tickets at the north end of WSL to STHs.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I had my tour at 1 today with another chap called John... NOTHING mentioned re North corner BUT ticket office told me today they are close to selling 22k season tickets...I asked if they would sell out when they go on general release next wednesday...His reply...They will all sell out before then...they have loads of season ticket presentations/ tours booked over next few days, loads of interest from phone sales/ general visits etc...looks very good on that front...

Oh yeah the chap doing the tour confirmed kushcak had been snuck into stadium last week....

Hope he was right about Kucszac, the Seagulls site says that they have sold an additional 3000 season tickets and that 96% of people from last season have renewed :)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak would be brilliant news if true. And I thought the conditions under which the stadium expansion was approved was that it was done with the two North corners being done for the season after? Hopefully that's flexible enough for them to do one of the corners (presumably NW) for next season!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ah, never saw that. Wouldnt of thought sticking them there is the best idea tbh, should just keep it Match-by-Match, maybe give the tickets at the north end of WSL to STHs.

Its a brilliant idea , Albion fans behind both goals for League games :O Matchday tickets can still be available for the blocks in the South next to SWC. I thought that north end of WSL now has more STH's there than last season.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I think I'm correct in saying the Northern corners require a large amount of structural work and contractors were expecting the works to take at least 6-8 weeks.

I don't know the times scale, but is that 6-8 weeks for both corners and if so the north west corner being the easier out of the two it could be done.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Its a brilliant idea , Albion fans behind both goals for League games :O Matchday tickets can still be available for the blocks in the South next to SWC. I thought that north end of WSL now has more STH's there than last season.

There would of been Albion fans behind the goal even if STHs werent there !! Id imagine these seats will be cheaper though, because you may have to move for a few games a season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here