Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hasn't this been asked before?
Don't think so :shrug:

TWO days and none of us have a CLUE - not even the slightest hint in the PRESS

It either means we are suddenly very PROFESSIONAL or the other possibility that there is NOTHING happening
It is a concern. Even if CMS has a good season we need backup, and if CMS doesn't gel with our style then we need a 20 goal striker.

3 in - 2 out
I suppose we have enough wingers if Cardiff were still after one, if that meant we had money to spend on a striker. Otherwise, apart from a CMS swap deal, I can't see us losing anyone from the starting 11.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Prepare to be underwhelmed.

I would not be underwhelmed with no more signings.
Happy just to watch Koosak, Bruno & Bridge every week.

Would like to see us strengthen the backup squad players at some point.
I just hope we don't panic sign the equivalent of Paynter/Vokes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would be VERY disappointed if we don't land a striker... as Gus himself said, we can forget top 6 if we don't sign one...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would not be underwhelmed with no more signings.
Happy just to watch Koosak, Bruno & Bridge every week.
I'm hoping Koosak will make dull viewing, as he'll just be standing there. We have made some great signings over the summer and it will be great to watch the team we have. The problem is, some other Championship squads are much stronger than ours, and we'll struggle to fight for 6th place. Top 10 is respectable, but I'd like more, and feel we need another good striker.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I would be disappointed if we didn't sign the god like striker that we need, however, I would sooner sign no one and keep our top players, then sign a striker but lose someone such as Bridcutt or Buckley.

I think all in all it has been a successful transfer window, especially the 2 new fullbacks. No one expected the quality of Bridge to come in when people were saying we needed a new LB!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm hoping Koosak will make dull viewing, as he'll just be standing there. We have made some great signings over the summer and it will be great to watch the team we have. The problem is, some other Championship squads are much stronger than ours, and we'll struggle to fight for 6th place. Top 10 is respectable, but I'd like more, and feel we need another good striker.

I'd like to think we are only interested in quality not quantity. A lot of other championship clubs have been buying from our league, whereas our signings have all been from outside the championship. I think this quality will make a huge difference this season. I agree that another striker is imperative but not any old discard please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like to think we are only interested in quality not quantity. A lot of other championship clubs have been buying from our league, whereas our signings have all been from outside the championship. I think this quality will make a huge difference this season.
Our keeper and wing backs are quality, but we're talking here about strikers. Ours have come from league 1, and haven't yet shown the quality of the strikers in the top teams in our division, many of whom have played in the premier league.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would be VERY disappointed if we don't land a striker... as Gus himself said, we can forget top 6 if we don't sign one...

I hope that Tony Bloom recognises this too.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I hope that Tony Bloom recognises this too.

Personally I trust Tony Bloom to do what's right for the club. After all of his outlay, if he decides there's not enough money for the player Gus wants, the. So be it. It's such a tough division this year that nothing would be guaranteed anyway so no point breaking the bank.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we do sign anybody they will be a quality player , not a journeyman or mediocre wannabe.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Personally I trust Tony Bloom to do what's right for the club. After all of his outlay, if he decides there's not enough money for the player Gus wants, the. So be it. It's such a tough division this year that nothing would be guaranteed anyway so no point breaking the bank.

TB also faces the dilemma of knowing next season there will be another 3 relegated clubs with parachute payments looking to go straight back up to the Prem.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My mate at the East Bothwell Express told me we're after someone from Celtic. Samaras?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
TB also faces the dilemma of knowing next season there will be another 3 relegated clubs with parachute payments looking to go straight back up to the Prem.

I have a question about parachute payments.
Say, Wolves for instance, who get their PP this season, get promoted straight back to the Prem and then immediately relegated again. Do they keep getting PP or is there a limit? I was just thinking any club who yo-yo between the top 2 must be coining it in?????

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Say, Wolves for instance, who get their PP this season, get promoted straight back to the Prem and then immediately relegated again. Do they keep getting PP or is there a limit? I was just thinking any club who yo-yo between the top 2 must be coining it in?????

No, the payments they would have been given get spread between all the other clubs.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

That's probably the business plan of the Ewood chicken stranglers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here