Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2-45 at the Donny game...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Not at all. The Amex is superb. I'm not the only fan with ideas about how it can be supersuperb though, shirley? I just believe that we should all be speaking up for what we want and, when we don't get it, we should be asking why not.

My particular point in relation to this thread's topic is that, whilst of course we should sometimes have pre-match music, whoever is "organising the atmosphere" should be aware of what sheebo is suggesting. After 14 years waiting for a permanent home, Albion fans themselves are capable of getting the pre-match atmosphere at the first match just right, without the assistance of a presenter's play-list. I am, however, genuinely fearful that we might be prevented from doing this by a decision that what we "want" on 6 August is recorded music - Coldplay or anything else.

There is, of course, a pre-booked tenor, and possibly other plans. I'm sure they can fit in around everything else. But, above all, this is a day for the thousands who have campaigned for years to get here.

Brighton are, indeed, back!

Agree with all of that.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
We'll never die, We'll never die
We'll never die, We'll never die
Seagulls still flying high
Brighton and Hove Albion will never die

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think we should sing "Brighton are Back" as the ref blows his whistle at the start of the match. The teams will be read out at 2.45.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Not at all. The Amex is superb. I'm not the only fan with ideas about how it can be supersuperb though, shirley? I just believe that we should all be speaking up for what we want and, when we don't get it, we should be asking why not.

My particular point in relation to this thread's topic is that, whilst of course we should sometimes have pre-match music, whoever is "organising the atmosphere" should be aware of what sheebo is suggesting. After 14 years waiting for a permanent home, Albion fans themselves are capable of getting the pre-match atmosphere at the first match just right, without the assistance of a presenter's play-list. I am, however, genuinely fearful that we might be prevented from doing this by a decision that what we "want" on 6 August is recorded music - Coldplay or anything else.

There is, of course, a pre-booked tenor, and possibly other plans. I'm sure they can fit in around everything else. But, above all, this is a day for the thousands who have campaigned for years to get here.

Brighton are, indeed, back!

THIS. Let the Albion fans prove themselves first before resorting to pop music. Remember how awful Stoke away was for those that were there?? LOUD music til (quite literally) kick off. Ridiculous. I know the Stoke fans can't create an atmosphere (apart from a Tom Jones song once a game) but we can. With the North Stand now full of like-minded individuals I don't see why we can't get the type of atmosphere we regularly get at away games inside the Amex.

LB, you're probably the one of this board with the right contacts in order for this to happen aren't you? I know they're doing clips from the Donny game which will be superb but if they could tone down the pop music that would make it *even* better.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Or

"Chips, Chips we want some chips,
have another pasty, have another pasty"

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
THIS. Let the Albion fans prove themselves first before resorting to pop music. Remember how awful Stoke away was for those that were there?? LOUD music til (quite literally) kick off. Ridiculous. I know the Stoke fans can't create an atmosphere (apart from a Tom Jones song once a game) but we can. With the North Stand now full of like-minded individuals I don't see why we can't get the type of atmosphere we regularly get at away games inside the Amex.

LB, you're probably the one of this board with the right contacts in order for this to happen aren't you? I know they're doing clips from the Donny game which will be superb but if they could tone down the pop music that would make it *even* better.

This surprises me, as I read somewhere that Stoke's ground is officially 'the loudest' in England? Might just have been a bit of apathy as it was the FA Cup?

Feb 14, 2010
Suprised Fatboy Slim hasn't offered to do the PA for your first game.

Very good point, anyone asked Norman Cook? He doesnt have to make a name for himself and would therefore respect sussex by the sea, unlike some bloke from southern fm. He can also do a mini set before the players run out and maybe after the game as well

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I Have to agree think 2.45 is to early it should be as the game kicks off but a brilliant idea

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I've always dreamed of the day when we could sing We Are Brighton at the CORRECT speed, with VOLUME and PASSION

It would sound ruddy brilliant in The AMEX

Sadly it seems we are incapable of singing it unless it's at hyper speed :down:

But watch this anyway...

[yt]Xe8vYjy589s&sns[/yt]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for everyone's feedback. Just to confirm I wasn't suggesting any 'planned' singing as such - an atmosphere should create itself. And I just said 2-45 cos it's before Sussex by the Sea etc - I wasn't suggesting we all sync our watches to the exact second!

I agree though, PA can give it a rest at Falmer from 2-40 onwards - once the players have gone back in - then leave it to the Albion fans to get everyone up for it and the atmo going :amex:

Love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here