Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2-45 at the Donny game...

D

Deleted member 2719

Count me in.

Hairs on back of neck stuff.

Let's hope we can all pace ourselves as i am sure we are all out of practice for 90mins of chanting!

LB, I've noted more cynicism in your posts lately, you can't be missing Withdean already!
Not at all. The Amex is superb. I'm not the only fan with ideas about how it can be supersuperb though, shirley? I just believe that we should all be speaking up for what we want and, when we don't get it, we should be asking why not.

My particular point in relation to this thread's topic is that, whilst of course we should sometimes have pre-match music, whoever is "organising the atmosphere" should be aware of what sheebo is suggesting. After 14 years waiting for a permanent home, Albion fans themselves are capable of getting the pre-match atmosphere at the first match just right, without the assistance of a presenter's play-list. I am, however, genuinely fearful that we might be prevented from doing this by a decision that what we "want" on 6 August is recorded music - Coldplay or anything else.

There is, of course, a pre-booked tenor, and possibly other plans. I'm sure they can fit in around everything else. But, above all, this is a day for the thousands who have campaigned for years to get here.

Brighton are, indeed, back!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
agree with LB......a first......the best atmosphere is generated from within, not from piped music, announcers, super loud PA systems or a bloody opera singer. This is the Albion at Falmer, not Take That at O2. Let the fans create the atmosphere - the danger is that the PA system will be so loud that spontaneous crowd singing before the match just won't happen.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
agree with LB......a first......the best atmosphere is generated from within, not from piped music, announcers, super loud PA systems or a bloody opera singer. This is the Albion at Falmer, not Take That at O2. Let the fans create the atmosphere - the danger is that the PA system will be so loud that spontaneous crowd singing before the match just won't happen.

Yes, I fear that loud music will be blasted before the game until kick-off meaning any chants will have to wait until then.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
why have any music that day? Its our day save a few quid too......

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Great idea Sheebs. I will spread the word amongst our lot (A21) in the WSU. This is just the sort of suggested idea TB was after from the group of fans he met last Friday.

DavePage

Go for it guys, I’ll be singing with you in Woodstock Ontario....wish I was there!!! Knowing my luck the seagull player will be down due to demand. They need to work out a way of showing the games live to overseas supporters. What can they lose? they are sold out anyway. even PPV
Give it that little bit extra noise for the ones that can’t be there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here