Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2-2 covering over the cracks?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
One massive plus, David was brilliant tonight, I had no doubt he would put the penalty away.

Coming back to get a point against the best team (ignoring their play acting) so far here was another bonus.

It was a very good penalty. Whenever he is on the pitch, he should take a penalty on that showing

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I've been on here longer than most but chose a new log on for various reasons, but my current sign on date shows as nov 2010 so that makes my opinions less valid apparently.

I'd never heard of NSC a few years ago because I've never owned a laptop or a computer in my life
But I got an iPhone under 2 years ago and the rest is history

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Dunk didn't play right-back at any point. Were you there?

Exactly. Can the OP not see we set up with 3 at the back (Dunk seemed to play on the left of the 3) with Lopez and Bridge acting as wing backs?
Hence. Hammond, Bridcutt and crofts in midfield.
I can only assume that Gus saw a weakness in Millwall that he thought he could exploit and as our manager, fair play to him for trying it. At least he changed it when he saw it wasn't working.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Millwall are on a fine run of form, a point against them is a good point. Coming back from 2 down is encouraging.

And in answer to all the negative comments over the last few weeks...... We now know what Spanish Dave brings to the team. Progress in my book..... Too slow for most on here, but progress none the less

You might like to add lua lua looking good in attack and defence...beginning to look as though he could actually start...Buckley was off par tonight

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Exactly. Can the OP not see we set up with 3 at the back (Dunk seemed to play on the left of the 3) with Lopez and Bridge acting as wing backs?
Hence. Hammond, Bridcutt and crofts in midfield.
I can only assume that Gus saw a weakness in Millwall that he thought he could exploit and as our manager, fair play to him for trying it. At least he changed it when he saw it wasn't working.

Yep..hard on dunk who hadnt done much wrong...but a change was necessary

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
So a sign up date is relevant compared to following the Albion since the 70's.

It was a ridiculous starting line up and i never want to see Crofts/Hammond & Bridcutt in the starting line up again barring an injury crisis. This is not a slagging off thread but more of a few basic wrongs Poyet seems to spew up. No doubt that we a better than say 4 years ago but progress is slwing very fast in my opinion

:facepalm:

All you JCLs expect the world. Where were you when we were shit? ??? ??? ???

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
@Kazenga I was probably going to more games than you have had your carer wipe your arse

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We can start with two wide men in Buckley and Lua Lua if we have a quality central front man like Mu....... No I mustn't.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I better not have an opinion then my sign up to NSC was oct 2011
I wasn't aware you were only an official suPporter of Brighton if your sign up date to NSC was 2003
Although I've been watching the Albion since 1974

How dare you have any opinion if you signed up over the last 2 years. There is no way you could have a valid point, just no way.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Yes, a decent come back of sorts. We really are drawing too many games though and STILL cannot beat teams this end of the table. Appalling starting line up from Gus and he just messes with the team far too much for my liking.

Playing Dunk at right back was a joke. El-Abd has experience there FFS. Poyet' obsession with midfielders is reflecting in the amount of 1 pointers we have amassed this season. 11 draws already this season

Why he dropped Hoskins when he was clearly giving Albion more attacking options and even though he a missed a sitter he was giving Forest defenders something to think about as they were clearly struggling with who to mark.

3 shots on target in 2 home games. Not good enough. which is not totally Poyet' fault but why is Dobbie or Agdestein not even getting a look in if that is the case. Sorry Gus, just not good enough.

i could have sworn that Dunkie was playing centre half and ad ab was at full back maybe my eyes are deceiving me in my old age, but then again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was a mistake to match up with their formation rather than make them play OUR game especially at home. Gus made up for it with LuaLua sub and then half time. Their 2nd was from a mistake not tactics and we bossed the 2nd half. Everyone makes mistakes, not everyone makes up for them. Lack of fit defenders was partly his thinking I expect for the change too

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Too scared to have an opinion now... I signed up years ago, but due to a quirk of my PC, when NSC changed its format in the early part of the decade I couldnt log on for some bizarre reason. So, I didnt bother. Now, new PC, Im back! But I find my opinion will be worthless, as apparently being actively on NSC is the only criteria for having a viewpoint, especially a slightly negative one.

For what its worth - I thought we were truly shit in the first half tonight. Awful. Millwall by far the better team, and Wood did the old "returning ex-player" routine to perfection. Lua Lua changed the game... by far his best performance of the season! The fans who boooed Barnes were a disgrace. Just piss off if you are going to boo one our own players! ANd for all that Millwall were the better team for an hour, and deservedly ahead, I thought their play-acting and time wasting was abysmal.

Great point, rescued from nothing.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Yes, a decent come back of sorts. We really are drawing too many games though and STILL cannot beat teams this end of the table. Appalling starting line up from Gus and he just messes with the team far too much for my liking.

Playing Dunk at right back was a joke. El-Abd has experience there FFS. Poyet' obsession with midfielders is reflecting in the amount of 1 pointers we have amassed this season. 11 draws already this season

Why he dropped Hoskins when he was clearly giving Albion more attacking options and even though he a missed a sitter he was giving Forest defenders something to think about as they were clearly struggling with who to mark.

3 shots on target in 2 home games. Not good enough. which is not totally Poyet' fault but why is Dobbie or Agdestein not even getting a look in if that is the case. Sorry Gus, just not good enough.

El Abd did play at right back...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here