Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"2-0 to Brighton, game over"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Norman f***ing Gall.

He always says it when we go 2 up, not that often though considering.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The man comes across to me as a bumbling buffoon, can't someone talk JB into doing away games as well. He's a different class imo.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I try to listen to games on the radio if i cannot get to the match but im being put off by these two current guys. Norman and the other fella, dont know his name.

Johnny Byrne is quality and always gives a decent professional opinion. Im my opinion he should host it every week.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I like Sir Norman, even though he sounds like he's stoned half the time, and pissed the other half of the time.

Anyone that always says 'we' when referring to the Albion is ok in my book.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I like Sir Norman, even though he sounds like he's stoned half the time, and pissed the other half of the time.

Anyone that always says 'we' when referring to the Albion is ok in my book.

Disagree, if Gall's got blue and white blood then I'm Trisha Goddard. Anyone would say 'we' if they thought it would keep the pay cheques coming in to top up a measly pension.

:)

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
why doesnt JB do away games? does he live in sussex?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Disagree, if Gall's got blue and white blood then I'm Trisha Goddard.

You're a f***ing idiot.

440 appearances for the Albion (more than any other player) makes him eminently qualified.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You're the f***ing idiot. Have you ever listened to his 'insightful analysis'?

Your claim was that he didn't have blue and white blood, which has no bearing on his skill as a commentator.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You're claim was that he didn't have blue and whiter blood, which has no bearing on his skill as a commentator.

He picks up a pay cheque for commentating on the Albion, in my opinion, in a very bland, detached way. For my money there are a lot of people who haven't played 400+ games, who could do it better and with more passion for the stripes.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He picks up a pay cheque for commentating on the Albion, in my opinion, in a very bland, detached way. For my money there are a lot of people who haven't played 400+ games, who could do it better and with more passion for the stripes.

Why dont you give it a rest. Always bloody moaning. Good night.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Agree. He may have played a shed load of games for the Albion, but his commentating skills leave a helluva lot to be desired, especially when he can't even pronounce the names of half the team properly!

Paul Camillin has done a few away games and while he might try and put a good spin on how we are playing (even when it is rubbish) he at least gives some insight which 'Sir' Norman doesn't.

Dick Knight was pretty good when he did that game last season - what's he doing nowadays?!?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no doubt he was a great servant and possibly even a great footballer, I never saw him play. His commentating skills are just awful though.

I'm starting to warm to whoever the commentator is though, Hawsey is a difficult act to follow and this new guy is doing ok imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here