Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"2-0 to Brighton, game over"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You have to remember the weight of the football in the sixties and seventies when it got waterlogged. Hence the brain damage Sir Norman Gall has suffered.

But as a commentator....................... not on that medication he`s taking.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
TBF to Norm, so too did Ian Abrahams from Talksport. He turned to me about a minute before they scored and uttered "Three points then Paul?" I told him there was still plenty of football left to be played. :censored:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
TBF to Norm, so too did Ian Abrahams from Talksport. He turned to me about a minute before they scored and uttered "Three points then Paul?" I told him there was still plenty of football left to be played. :censored:

So it's your fault for not having more belief in the team?!:wrong:

:jester:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, because before I got the sentance out, they had scored.

The footballing gods recognised your lack of faith. They didn't need to hear your whole sentence. Next time someone says "Three points, then?" Say "Yes!" as quickly as you can. :thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Norman is a summeriser, not a commentater.

Times have changed since he last played but he is an Albion legend and he doesn't toe the line and will call it as he see's it, right or wrong. He may, to some, sound stoned or drunk but maybe it's because he must now be well into his 70's

As a fixture in the team for about 7 of my 1st years of watching Albion, I'm glad that he's back on the scene.

"TBF to Norm"??
Sorry, but that doesn't let him off the hook for blurting something so rash - especially when he KNOWS it's a game of two halves!

You regularly hear commentators suggesting the trailing side are "right back in the game" when they pull one back from 2-down.

The players are just as culpable though - the time to steel up and make a fist of things is ESPECIALLY when they are a couple of goals to the good.
They were put off too easily, by a little bit of a niggle and roughing. Did Yeovil use that tactic knowing about our sendings-off history of late? Probably, but we couldn't shrug that off and outclass them. :shrug: :nono:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Norman is a summeriser, not a commentater.

Times have changed since he last played but he is an Albion legend and he doesn't toe the line and will call it as he see's it, right or wrong. He may, to some, sound stoned or drunk but maybe it's because he must now be well into his 70's

As a fixture in the team for about 7 of my 1st years of watching Albion, I'm glad that he's back on the scene.

Perhaps Sir Norman has had a partial stroke which makes him sound like he is pissed ? Johnny Cuntor is hardly Radio 5 material himself.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Miserable moaning bastards. ???

Honestly, lighten up! Norman Gall is fantastic on the radio, he has the perfect voice and he actually knows what he's talking about. Granted, he often trips himself up when describing things, but that just makes him all the more lovable.

Well it DOES explain why we've be perennially 3rd tier. Brighton players declare themselves 'winnah' as soon as the side edges in front of their opposition.

Someone ought to break it to them, that there is still an opposing team and that they might not share the concept that they are beaten and can give in and quietly drift home now.

Miserable moaning bastards. ???

Honestly, lighten up! Norman Gall is fantastic on the radio, he has the perfect voice and he actually knows what he's talking about. Granted, he often trips himself up when describing things, but that just makes him all the more lovable.

I'm listening for his perfect voice to say the right things, not sound luvverly so I can rest my ears lulled into a state of bliss. :drool:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I like Sir Norm - his ability to defend the Albion players in the most trying of circumstances leaves me spellbound...

Adopts slurring Geordie accent Well... the player's on the floor feigning agony, and alright he's got his leg broken in seven places, and he kneecap is now sticking through his ribs, and there's a chance of massive haemorrhaging leading to possible loss of life, but it was never a yellow card. The player's made a meal of it, and the referee, who I think is poor, knows Adam El-Hab's reputation - and it was a fair challenge - has been taken in by some awful play-acting...

etc.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Well I think Sir Norman Gall is OK as a summariser, and he's getting better because that Johnny Cantor guy is putting Norman on the spot and asking him decent probing questions.

Johnny Cantor :thumbsup:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Who uttered these immortal words just after Dickinson scored - which PROFESSIONAL COMMENTATOR would have said something so effing stoopid?? :tosser: :hammer: :sheep: :shutup: punish: :mendoza:

Probably the same commentator that famously said "3-0 Milan game over" 2005 Champions League Final against Liverpool......:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here