Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st test of giving your card to other fans

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
As others have said, the rule is an adult should be with a child to gain access to the family stand. I was told at the time of purchasing my ST's, that if for an evening game the kid isn't attending, I'd need to apply to transfer my ticket out of the family stand. This was made clear at the time of purchasing and a sales manager also came over to verify. Goodness knows how this works in reality.

Here's the official response I got last week:

Dear Mr Banana, the family stand rules dictate that adults must be accompanied by a child under the age of 16 at all times, like wise children under 16 must also be accompanied by an adult.
If your son is unable to make a fixture you are able to bring another child of the same age without contacting us, however if you bring a child who falls into a higher age category you will need to contact the ticket office to pay for the upgrade.
If you would like to bring an adult along instead of your son, we would then need to relocate you to another part of the ground, you would then pay the match day price difference on your sons ticket to an adult and yours would be transferred across free of charge.
If the ground is completely sold out and we are unable to relocate you, then you would be asked to sit in your normal seat, however you would not be permitted to bring another adult with you into the family stand.
The best advice I can give you is that as soon as you know that your son is not going to make a game contact us a.s.a.p. then 99 times out of a 100 we should be able to relocate you enabling you to bring another adult if you choose to do so, but I can't stress enough that the earlier you do this the more chance there is of us being able to facilitate your request.
Kind regards
Paul McGowan
Ticket Office Manager

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Here's the official response I got last week:

Dear Mr Banana, the family stand rules dictate that adults must be accompanied by a child under the age of 16 at all times, like wise children under 16 must also be accompanied by an adult.
If your son is unable to make a fixture you are able to bring another child of the same age without contacting us, however if you bring a child who falls into a higher age category you will need to contact the ticket office to pay for the upgrade.
If you would like to bring an adult along instead of your son, we would then need to relocate you to another part of the ground, you would then pay the match day price difference on your sons ticket to an adult and yours would be transferred across free of charge.
If the ground is completely sold out and we are unable to relocate you, then you would be asked to sit in your normal seat, however you would not be permitted to bring another adult with you into the family stand.
The best advice I can give you is that as soon as you know that your son is not going to make a game contact us a.s.a.p. then 99 times out of a 100 we should be able to relocate you enabling you to bring another adult if you choose to do so, but I can't stress enough that the earlier you do this the more chance there is of us being able to facilitate your request.
Kind regards
Paul McGowan
Ticket Office Manager

this,seems fair to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here