Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st test of giving your card to other fans

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
maybe its the confusion, or altzheimers kicking in, but I thought I read somewhere that only the people on the card would be allowed to use it ( I assumed it would be a photo id!) and the club would only allow people to do this via the club in a ticket exchange way.

If it is just a case of giving your card to another fan, then fine, so long as you get it back for the next game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
maybe its the confusion, or altzheimers kicking in, but I thought I read somewhere that only the people on the card would be allowed to use it ( I assumed it would be a photo id!) and the club would only allow people to do this via the club in a ticket exchange way.

If it is just a case of giving your card to another fan, then fine, so long as you get it back for the next game.

At my presentation, and a lot of others, the club said that while they formally are not encouraging the lending out of ST cards, they are not going to stop it, and are happy that supporters may give their ST card to a friend of family member. I for one wouldn't want to lend my ST card to anyone I didn't know well or trust, but will be letting it go to close friends on games I cannot make.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook

DTG I doubt that they now have time to request mug shots from 18,000 odd SThs to place on the ST card. i would hope that they will also not be paying staff to undertake some form of check on each and every ST Holder as they swipe in. :eek:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At my presentation, and a lot of others, the club said that while they formally are not encouraging the lending out of ST cards, they are not going to stop it, and are happy that supporters may give their ST card to a friend of family member.

The above is the unofficial official line.

I'm going to add some stuff to the ticket exchange - split out 'tickets wanted' and 'tickets offered' (and probably a 'Misc' for non Albion tickets, such as gigs etc). I'm also going to add in a eBay style feedback system.

Now, none of this may be needed but in case it is, then it will be there to try and help those who may want or need to trade with 'strangers'.

None

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
The above is the unofficial official line.

I'm going to add some stuff to the ticket exchange - split out 'tickets wanted' and 'tickets offered' (and probably a 'Misc' for non Albion tickets, such as gigs etc). I'm also going to add in a eBay style feedback system.

Now, none of this may be needed but in case it is, then it will be there to try and help those who may want or need to trade with 'strangers'.

None

This is an excellent idea, esp the feedback system.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

The club are going to have a job on to get 18 thousand photos they've never previously asked for.
And IDing everyone at the gate rather than just letting us swipe our cards and go through.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yes, very good. You must have spend seconds thinking that one up

I hope I have spent as much time on this as you have worrying about handing your ticket over. To be honest, it will be as much hassle as you choose to make of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Richard Hebbard said at various forums, that adults without children would not be admitted to the Family Stand. Of course, the club may have changed stance on this, possibly worth a question on ATC?

I did the kid to adult transfer thang in the Family Stand - it's gonna happen quite early in the season for us so I'll keep people posted

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If you can't go then maybe find a 'middleman' as in a friend who also has a season ticket and will be able to meet the person you are 'loaning' your ticket to and get the card back off them once they have entered the ground?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in the same boat, but can see that being a nightmare for say Palace on the 27th, as there are not going to be the seats to swap around. I'm thinking of taking a life size doll of my 5 yr old son in his place to get in my seat!!

Richard Hebbard said at various forums, that adults without children would not be admitted to the Family Stand. Of course, the club may have changed stance on this, possibly worth a question on ATC?

Hope that doesn't mean I have to take my son to every game or I can't get in!
Do what!
OK so I wasn't looking forward to being in the family stand for evening games, but hey that's where my seats have to be for all the others, c'est la vie.
Are you now saying my ST is null and void because I would rather my 5 & 6 year olds are in bed on a school night before 19:45.

Last edited:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
rad - I'm not questioning your right to get one, but why did you get one? Presumably you're planning on coming back to Blighty?

I'll be there for the whole season but my dad is only in the Brighton for the first 2 months but he wanted to guarantee he could get into all the games he is there for.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do what!
OK so I wasn't looking forward to being in the family stand for evening games, but hey that's where my seats have to be for all the others, c'est la vie.
Are you now saying my ST is null and void because I would rather my 5 & 6 year olds are in bed on a school night before 19:45.

As others have said, the rule is an adult should be with a child to gain access to the family stand. I was told at the time of purchasing my ST's, that if for an evening game the kid isn't attending, I'd need to apply to transfer my ticket out of the family stand. This was made clear at the time of purchasing and a sales manager also came over to verify. Goodness knows how this works in reality.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As others have said, the rule is an adult should be with a child to gain access to the family stand. I was told at the time of purchasing my ST's, that if for an evening game the kid isn't attending, I'd need to apply to transfer my ticket out of the family stand. This was made clear at the time of purchasing and a sales manager also came over to verify. Goodness knows how this works in reality.

It's been clarified on another thread, wally banana asked the question and got a email...

in short if you want to upgrade your kids ticket to an adult then you both would have to move..if you came without your kid you could take your seat and the other would have to be empty unless you brought another kid in which case you and the other kid could both enter the family stand!

email from club re family stand <<<<<<

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here