Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st test of giving your card to other fans

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I cant make Blackpool and Peterboro at home, so I hope I will be able to give my card to another fan without a load of hassle.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll have a good study of the home games I can make and give my ST to mates for those I can't. Agree that I hope it isn't difficult to do this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cant make Blackpool and Peterboro at home, so I hope I will be able to give my card to another fan without a load of hassle.

I think you just need to stand in front of them and pass it from your hand to theirs. Make sure they put their hand out to save dropping it though. It should be easy to do.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009

Am i missing something here ? why would it be a hassle ? Its not a photo card and they are hardly ging to ID check 18,000 + season ticket holders to make sure the named person on the ticket is the person attending. Get real, its a non issue.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I reckon you know this though, and its a thinly veiled way of telling us your going on Holiday somewhere nice.

So where you heading ?

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Am i missing something here ? why would it be a hassle ? Its not a photo card and they are hardly ging to ID check 18,000 + season ticket holders to make sure the named person on the ticket is the person attending. Get real, its a non issue.

I think the previous poster is referring to the scenario of giving his ticket to a complete stranger and getting it back with no issues. just a thought, like.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I think the previous poster is referring to the scenario of giving his ticket to a complete stranger and getting it back with no issues. just a thought, like.

Ok i may have read it wrong but i know some people have been worrying about the situatuion i described.

I thought that there was an established solution in place for this other scenario? If you contact the ticket office they will issue you a paper ticket so you dont need to hand over your card. I know that this happens for the 1901 members as we were told this at the presentation. For the hobo tickets who knows ?

And by the way i have a hobo ticket.

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
would be good to get an official response on this? I am in the same boat as many and want others to take advantage of my tickets whilst on hols.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm only giving mine to mates or rellies

On another point, does anybody know if I'll be able to pay the extra when getting an adult on a kid's card? [Evening games etc.] I did it at Withdean on a couple of occasions.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath

On another point, does anybody know if I'll be able to pay the extra when getting an adult on a kid's card? [Evening games etc.] I did it at Withdean on a couple of occasions.

I was told I would be able to upgrade my kids ticket for an adult one. Not sure how much it'll be though......

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Yes you can, but not if its a family stand ticket. But if it is, you can request to be moved to another stand.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm in the same boat, but can see that being a nightmare for say Palace on the 27th, as there are not going to be the seats to swap around. I'm thinking of taking a life size doll of my 5 yr old son in his place to get in my seat!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not a family stand ticket? Would they rather have empty seats than let us transfer the ticket for the odd Tuesday night game?!

Richard Hebbard said at various forums, that adults without children would not be admitted to the Family Stand. Of course, the club may have changed stance on this, possibly worth a question on ATC?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think you just need to stand in front of them and pass it from your hand to theirs. Make sure they put their hand out to save dropping it though. It should be easy to do.

yes, very good. You must have spend seconds thinking that one up

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whilst you can understand that there should be rules in place for the family stand to avoid misuse, it would be ridiculous if one was barred from attending a game as the child could not make it.

There must obviously be some flexibility to that or perhaps there can be a tie up with a local childrens home and you can adopt a kid for the day/evening.

Roll out the barrel...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here