Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st October - and no news about Falmer?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We always knew it as the "Subbuteo Stand"

anyone remember the Birmingham City game where 5 minutes before the end they opened the gates by the side of said stand and all the Birmingham hoolies ran in belting people willy nilly.

last game my mates wife ever went to, citing the fact that "football is full of yobs".

Almost 3 years since we were first given permission to start building

You're wrong on two counts:
1) The planning consent is dated 24th July 2007.
2) The conditions of the planning consent require a number actions, activities etc to have been carried out before building can commence and these are subject to approval from the planning authority - ie B&H City Council.

In summary, we DON'T have permission to start building at present.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You're wrong on two counts:
1) The planning consent is dated 24th July 2007.
2) The conditions of the planning consent require a number actions, activities etc to have been carried out before building can commence and these are subject to approval from the planning authority - ie B&H City Council.

In summary, we DON'T have permission to start building at present.
i think possibly they meant oct 2005

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I can contain myself no longer - so much so that I have just registered myself on NSC just to vent my frustration. Are contractors appointed? Is the funding in place? MP's stadium blog is advertised on the website as 'weekly' and yet it's over 2 weeks since his last one. The club owes it to its long suffering supporters to keep us in the picture - even if it's just to tell us that 'nothing much has happened this week'!

The club only said they "hope" to announce the contractors by the end of September so I don't think you should be too concerned yet that they haven't been announced as they have only missed this target by one day so far.

However, I'm sure a lot of people share your frustration. The club haven't done themselves any favours by referring to the Stadium diary as a weekly blog as it has immediately set people's expectations. At best it has been bi-weekly.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Naming of the contractor is almost irrelevant at present. We should all be far more concerned at the ever worsening state of the financial world. The day it is actually confirmed that funding is in place I will be a very happy man (but that's not likely to be any day soon unless we've suddenly got on board a sovereign wealth fund)!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Naming of the contractor is almost irrelevant at present. We should all be far more concerned at the ever worsening state of the financial world. The day it is actually confirmed that funding is in place I will be a very happy man (but that's not likely to be any day soon unless we've suddenly got on board a sovereign wealth fund)!!

dont worry...Deadly Doug says the finance is in place FACT, therefore all is well

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
We always knew it as the "Subbuteo Stand"

anyone remember the Birmingham City game where 5 minutes before the end they opened the gates by the side of said stand and all the Birmingham hoolies ran in belting people willy nilly.

last game my mates wife ever went to, citing the fact that "football is full of yobs".

I remember it very well,it was a top of the table clash at the time.(if you can excuse the pun)

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Not that its that important but I've heard from a number of sources that the Buckingham Group are in the frame for the stadium as contractors. They recently did MK Dons stadium and work at Fratton Park.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As I recall, the club said that contractors would be named in August then, right at the end of August, said they would be named in September. now that month has come & gone and no weekly 'blog' either.

So some think this is ok? Why tell us to expect something and then go silent. If things are on course then let us know. People in that line of work have said that these contracts are all agreed some time in advance so, LET US KNOW!

I think the club is treating us with a degree of contempt over this. It's simple, do we have a contractor or not and who is it?

This is the final paragraph from page 15 of the Man City programme:
"We are very close to announcing who will build the stadium. We have spent a lot of time evaluating the tenders and are about to make a recommendation to the board. Once the decision is ratified we will announce it - and then it is all systems go in preparing for the target start date of December."

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't have a programme either. But then, what is this wonderful thing called the Internet for? The club has a press office and an official website and has pledge to make a weekly blog.

Still an own goal, in my book.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've always thought it best to avoid specifying a month when it comes to annoucements etc. Heaven knows we cling to deadlines for dear life after such a long and drawn out process.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
dont worry...Deadly Doug says the finance is in place FACT, therefore all is well

What he actually posted was........." the finance will be in place before the start of construction".........mind you, that,s pretty obvious really. Surely, not even Martin Perry would start the construction before finance was in place....would he...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here