Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1million pound loss question

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Pavilionaire said:
Morris, when will you learn? We knew we would lose £1 million by playing in this division. As for speculating to accumulate, the directors have pumped in all the money they have.

Well said. Always seems to me slightly bizarre for supporters who pay a few hundred a year into club coffers to demand that Directors spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on a player who may or maybe not a good investment. If the directors have not got the money and are already bailing out the club that is £1 million in debt with unknown further commitments regarding Falmer, well would you?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gaffer said:
Well said. Always seems to me slightly bizarre for supporters who pay a few hundred a year into club coffers to demand that Directors spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on a player who may or maybe not a good investment. If the directors have not got the money and are already bailing out the club that is £1 million in debt with unknown further commitments regarding Falmer, well would you?

So explain why the wise guy 'major investor' suddenly started throwing his weight and his money around as soon as the season finished, rather than when it mattered, when we were desperate for a credible striker in January ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here