Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1989 Cup Final - A horrible confession..

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
I was at Selhurst that day. And I am not scared to admit I went potty when they scored.

Crazy thing was I jumped around much more than any Palace around me.
PM. You`ve been to Palace more than Brighton in the past 15 years I swear you have. Good on ya. :bowdown:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
5 past Kuipers said:
Eric Young joined Palace the following season Brixton.

I think the only time I've wanted Albion to win was THE Hereford game.
I can`t remember wanting Brighton to win. In fact their victory at Selhurst last season maybe as a draw would have been an injustice to them. :( :blush: :blush: :blush:

I pray the ground will open up and swallow their abominable visages from the earth, that G_D will SMITE the heathen and ERASE them from his sight - banishing them to crawl and eat from the floors of filthy outhouses for eternity. Yea, though they are a sore upon the face of the earth, the lord has blighted them as a lesson and proof of his greatness (even though the FA banned him for the season)

Albion Rob

Re: Re: 1989 Cup Final - A horrible confession..

Chesney Christ said:
Me too (1990). I was only 9 at the time, and didn't yet understand the rivalry with Palace.

Even if they played now though, I'd be torn. I can relate far more to Palace fans (proper fans who support their local team) rather than glory-hunting plastic Premiership fans. I could have a chat with a Palace fan about football. I simply don't have anything to say to the average United, Chelsea or Arsenal fan about football because they usually know f*** all. The average Palace fan on the other hand, like any fan of a club outside The Premiership, generally knows his stuff.

Is that the Crystal Palace who average around 12,000 in the Championship but amazingly get 25,000 when they're in the Premiership.

I personally can't identify with them because I have no plans to sleep with my sister any time soon and have never seen my team lose a league match 9 (nine) - 0.

Actually, just remembered that I was working with a very cute Palace fan girl (who I ended up living with, and who became an Albion fan by injection!)
I was working with her on the Saturday of the game, so maybe I was more into Palace because of that.
Still, i have never ever wanted them to win at any other time, so I hope my sins will be forgiven. Please.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Re: Re: Re: 1989 Cup Final - A horrible confession..

Albion Rob said:
Is that the Crystal Palace who average around 12,000 in the Championship but amazingly get 25,000 when they're in the Premiership.

I personally can't identify with them because I have no plans to sleep with my sister any time soon and have never seen my team lose a league match 9 (nine) - 0.

Utter shit.

We are averaging 17,000 this year, which is down from 18,500 lasy year. Mainly because we are not doing so well. When away fans are factored in we averaged about 21,000-23,000 in the Prem. An uplift you'd expect from any club palying in the top flight.

Then again playing in the top flight will never be an issue for you lot.

I was on the Holte end at Villa park for the semifinal 4-3 win.

And yes I was supporting Palace that day, not because amongst 20,000 other Palace fans it seemed a sensible thing to do if one cared about one's personal safety, but

a) I hated Liverpol then
and
b)it was a really exciting game and you couldn't help get swept up in the general mayhem as they stormed back for 3-1 down in a semi final against the best team in the country to win 4-3

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: Re: 1989 Cup Final - A horrible confession..

paulie said:
Utter shit.

We are averaging 17,000 this year, which is down from 18,500 lasy year. Mainly because we are not doing so well. When away fans are factored in we averaged about 21,000-23,000 in the Prem. An uplift you'd expect from any club palying in the top flight.

A 'Big' issue for your lot as well Paulie. Is that why you display your pain and angst on here?

NMH said:
I pray the ground will open up and swallow their abominable visages from the earth, that G_D will SMITE the heathen and ERASE them from his sight - banishing them to crawl and eat from the floors of filthy outhouses for eternity. Yea, though they are a sore upon the face of the earth, the lord has blighted them as a lesson and proof of his greatness (even though the FA banned him for the season)

Yes, but then who do we then have for a "derby".

Face it - you need Palace, if only to experience the joy that is winning at Scumhurst

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1989 Cup Final - A horrible confession..

Perry Milkins said:
A 'Big' issue for your lot as well Paulie. Is that why you display your pain and angst on here?

No pain and bitterness from me Pezza.

If you check the posts, that came from Albion Rob. 22 years of finishing below us is obviously getting to him.

Storer - it was 2-1 up and 3-2 down.

Albion Rob

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1989 Cup Final - A horrible confession..

paulie said:
Utter shit.

Not while we're at Withdean, it won't.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Wookiee said:
PALACE HAS BEEN, STILL IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE ENEMY NUMBER 1 !!!

THOSE WHO SAY DIFFERENT HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME :censored:

Why exactly?

Or is it too long and too complicated a story?

Albion Rob

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1989 Cup Final - A horrible confession..

paulie said:

If you check the posts, that came from Albion Rob. 22 years of finishing below us is obviously getting to him.

Given that since 1992 we;ve been fighting the Inland revenue, thieving chairmen, a ground sale, a public inquiry, playing 100 miles away and a substandard stadium.

So, yes, it's been a pretty level playing field

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Wookiee said:
PALACE HAS BEEN, STILL IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE ENEMY NUMBER 1 !!!

THOSE WHO SAY DIFFERENT HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME :censored:

In my eyes Pompey have always been equal top with the scum.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1989 Cup Final - A horrible confession..

paulie said:

hey it was a long time ago and I wasn't really caring too much about it at the time.......................:salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here