Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901's - genuine question...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whats the deal about returning to your seats after half time - will they be able to remain lurking about in the hospitality suites watching through the glass if they don't fancy going back outside straight away ? Or will the club actively discourage this and shoo them back out ?

Not a dig, I'm just genuinely interested in how this will work. Whilst there's some (generally) good-natured banter on here about the corporates, I sense there's also a slight underlying tension/irritation between some of the 1901-ers and the piss-taking "ruffians". If the start of every second half at the Amex is greeted with rows and rows of empty 1901 seats, like it does at Wembley and the Emirates, then I can see some right royal BINFESTS kicking off...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is getting very tedious.

Oct 6, 2010
I think people are still to get their heads around he fact that most of 1901 is taken up by proper fans rather than the usual hospitality businesses. Or at least proper fans using their business to get the seats.
I know from my 1901 presentation that getting fans back in after half time will be actively encouraged by the club, (TV's off etc) but I just can't see it being a problem. No more so than the south stand at Withdean being half empty five mins before the final/half time whistle most games.
I for one, dont want to miss ANY action.

Last edited:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
this could lead to much hilarity, when the WSU start singing 'We can see you creeping back' etc.
Mind you, thats if the WSU are back from their H/T pint of Harveys.

Whats the deal about returning to your seats after half time - will they be able to remain lurking about in the hospitality suites watching through the glass if they don't fancy going back outside straight away ? Or will the club actively discourage this and shoo them back out ?

Not a dig, I'm just genuinely interested in how this will work. Whilst there's some (generally) good-natured banter on here about the corporates, I sense there's also a slight underlying tension/irritation between some of the 1901-ers and the piss-taking "ruffians". If the start of every second half at the Amex is greeted with rows and rows of empty 1901 seats, like it does at Wembley and the Emirates, then I can see some right royal BINFESTS kicking off...
Electric cattle prods.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is getting very tedious.

Sorry, are we not allowed to mention the 'nineteen' word any more ? Its a genuine question, as I don't know what the clubs policy will be on this. If someone fancies staying in the warm for the duration of the 2nd half, will they or will they not be allowed to do so ? Do YOU know ?

I just can't see it being a problem. No more so than the south stand at Withdean being half empty five mins before the final/half time whistle most games.

Big difference though. Nobody at Withdean hangs around any longer than necessary next to a grease-laden burger bar out of view of the pitch.
But a warm glass box with pitchside view might be a bit more tempting, specially if its absolutely Pearl Harbour outside.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Aren't the glassed views all taken up by (richer than 1901 club) executive box holders?

There's 14 private executive boxes all with glassed views. The communal hospitality suites which the 1901-ers have access to are separate from the executive boxes, but also have glassed pitchside views.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There's 14 private executive boxes all with glassed views. The communal hospitality suites which the 1901-ers have access to are separate from the executive boxes, but also have glassed pitchside views.

Fair enough. Whereabouts is this located and how big is it? I can't imagine they'll all be able to peer out of it at the same time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I love the way non 1901ers just assume that ALL 1901ers are part of the prawn sarnie brigade. Aren't most 1901ers actually season ticket holders or current attendees at Withdean? I don't think that Wembley or the Emirates is a good comparison tbh.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
You can't watch the playing area whilst alcohol is being served. Was at the Emirates in a box last week and the blinds have to be pulled down, a steward even come round and checked to make sure the blinds were at the required level so we couldn't see the pitch.

Think this is standard for all football stadia ... Not like the eggball types who seem to able to sit in their seats, pint in hand.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can see there being a lot of the ground being late back for the second half for the first few months. The novelty of getting beer at half time for a home game will entice people into downing as many as possible in 15 minutes only to find a long queue to take a piss afterwards and delaying everyone getting back to their seats. Perhaps

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Im still struggling to grasp why you would want to stand behind glass watching your team when you have paid decent money for the best padded seats in the ground?

Like previously mentioned the reason why the Wembley Club seats are empty after half time is because most of the people dont care about the game, they are just there on a some Corporate freebie for the free meal/booze - I know because Ive been in there and did exectly the same!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I love the way non 1901ers just assume that ALL 1901ers are part of the prawn sarnie brigade. Aren't most 1901ers actually season ticket holders or current attendees at Withdean? I don't think that Wembley or the Emirates is a good comparison tbh.

We'd better hope that a lot of them do buy food as the restaurants have 3,000 capacity and the club will probably lose rather than make money if they don't!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here