Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901's - genuine question...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We'd better hope that a lot of them do buy food as the restaurants have 3,000 capacity and the club will probably lose rather than make money if they don't!

I imagine they'll eat before or after the football not at half time!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where did I say that ?

You didn't in so many words, but you implied it by suggesting that they wouldn't be in their seats at the start of the 2nd half. I am merely saying I believe most 1901ers are Albion fans and will want to watch from their seats......I think :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a fair point/question easy10. As a 1901er I can say with absolute certainty that myself, son, father and mate will definitely be in our seats for kick off of both halves.

However I suspect that a good number (certainly 20%) won't be.

My experience of corporate hospitality at other grounds is limited to what I have seen at Wembley (as everyone has seen which is a disgrace, and what I personally experienced at St Mary's for the Brighton game. For the Southampton game, all in our box (who were a mixture of Saints fans, a Brighton fan and some neutrals) were in place for kick off (mainly because they stopped serving food and drink 15 mins prior to the start. However for the kick off of the second half, I was the only one who got to my seat for kick off, the others were finishing their desert, and I almost felt embarassed to leave them. However I was not going to miss a single minute.

So I think you have to divide between the real fans and the neutrals who have just got a ticket because their mate invited them or whatever. I suspect the split is probably 75% real fans, 25% others.

The club definitely do have a role to play in this. By not serving drink/food with 15 mins to go to kick off this should ensure that most are in place when the teams come out which is vital I think.

I fully expect though that the few games whilst they adjust to people's habits they will cock up and there will be a delay in serving which will lead to empty seats. I hope I am wrong though. The big problem will be half time with people getting drinks, but then arguably that is down to the club as well, and arguably this is the same problem in the whole of the ground?

Just a cheeky side question, where will all the current South Standers watch the last ten minutes from, will be hard for them to make the running track, and I can't see the club letting them watch from the stairs!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The 1901's I know are all current season ticket holders and will most certainly be out in time for the second half. I wouldn't be suprised if they took a packed lunch! They're no different to anyone in other part of the ground! Will WSU ticket holders come back for the second half or will they stay inside drinking their Harveys and watching the game on the TV screens in the concourse?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will WSU ticket holders come back for the second half or will they stay inside drinking their Harveys and watching the game on the TV screens in the concourse?

I can field this one Turkey. I will be drinking my pint of Harveys at HT, watching HT scores on TV and getting back to my seat in time for the second half (I hope).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The 1901's I know are all current season ticket holders and will most certainly be out in time for the second half. I wouldn't be suprised if they took a packed lunch! They're no different to anyone in other part of the ground!

Just more smartly dressed....

You can't watch the playing area whilst alcohol is being served. Was at the Emirates in a box last week and the blinds have to be pulled down, a steward even come round and checked to make sure the blinds were at the required level so we couldn't see the pitch.

Think this is standard for all football stadia ... Not like the eggball types who seem to able to sit in their seats, pint in hand.

Its the law. Its the same law that forbids the drinkers at the Sportsman at Withers being able to see the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here