Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Nonsense.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have no problem with the 1901 club, i'm just saying having witnessed it briefly today - it's not for me. Good on those genuine fans who want a bit of comfort in there - why not. Unfortunately too many suits, corporate plastics and absence of atmosphere means i won't be joining.

Which lounge were you in? I mentioned earlier that I invited a couple of WSU ST-holder friends to eat with me in the Profile Lounge on Saturday and they both commented that they were surprised how un-corporate the lounge was and most people seemed to be fans first and foremost. In fact one asked if the Profile Lounge was a corporate lounge.

To get in the Profile Lounge you had to act quickly and have 'history' with the club i.e. you're a long(-ish) standing fan. I wonder if the other lounges therefore have more JCLs and folk coming from a business/corportate networking angle?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
In my expereince there's less whinging from the 1901 than the East

Wonbrow

Aug 17, 2011
This.

The food and service were fine yesterday, I really liked the chicken dish. And I'm ever so grateful for Jo and Ashleigh squeezing me, Uter and two guests in at the last minute yesterday. Personally I would struggle to find fault with Azure at the moment; they have been absolutely fantastic with me.

I'm really not getting this soulless comment either. Both my guests are long term season ticket holders who sit in WSU and commented on how it was not corporate but seemingly "full of regular fans who want to spent a bit more." Where I sit I have the same people around me all the time and all of them get into the game. The lounge has a buzz about it as well. I have heard a number of people say the Profile Lounge is the better lounge though.

Totally agree with this, and is mine and my guests experience of the East 1901.

Also we have lots of windows that overlook the pitch, so there.......:lol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Does HB&B just start one of these threads once a week just to remind people that he has seats in 1901?

Hate to burst your bubble chap but so do 2500 other people yet they don't feel the need to keep bleeting on about it.

Suppose it's not any worse than the people starting the [insert team name here] roll call threads. Lots of people go to away games chaps, boasting about it doesn't make you look big or clever!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Profile lounge full of real supporters - people I know or recognise from away games, Goldstone North Stand etc etc. Good atmosphere, no whinging. However, a colleague had tickets in one of the lounges to the sides and complained too many tickets were corporate - given to non-supporters or even worse fans of the opposition. Call me old-fashioned but it is a home stand, so if it was down to me away fans would not be let in ( you can come in with a Leeds scarf but sorry no trainers - f***ing joke )

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the final 1901 judgement will come in early March when the Frau attends her first ever Brighton game, and her 3rd football match ever. Being married to me she is clearly a lady with taste and high standards. She will be dining (I hope she gets the full Gary Chivers experience-he is briliant and could not be any more ex-pro if he tried).

I will let you know what she thinks.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
are they still serving tea and coffee out of the flasks ???

I'm glad they do. Can you imagine how long it would take to serve up the coffee if it was from a proper barista machine?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I think the final 1901 judgement will come in early March when the Frau attends her first ever Brighton game, and her 3rd football match ever. Being married to me she is clearly a lady with taste and high standards. She will be dining (I hope she gets the full Gary Chivers experience-he is briliant and could not be any more ex-pro if he tried).

I will let you know what she thinks.

Let me know which so that I may organise flowers for her.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let me know which so that I may organise flowers for her.

LOL. I had planned to let you know personally that she will be coming to the footy, as she would like to catch up with you again.

Asupporter

Jan 18, 2012
Brighton
3) Bloke in front who asked through clenched teeth if my boy could stop kicking his seat. I could see his point and put a stop to it. Sorry, but the seats are padded.

Great afternoon though. My son went to bed singing 'he's a west end brightoned boy'

Its a great shame that someone can allow their child to repeatedly kick the seat in front of them with both feet for the duration of not only half a game, but for the whole of the Wrexham game. I can mention this as I am that very person that endured the whole of the Wrexham game. The fact you may ask is why I let this continue, well when you are entertaining guests you would not want to make a scene with someone who does not consider the people around them.
The clenched teeth(reduced volume during a game) was to spare your embarrassment and to not offend your young son. From comment's from people who could view your son explained that he was bored and dis-interested.
As for the padded seats, I am to take my young 5 year old grandson on Saturday and am quite willing to swap seats for this game and let him kick my seat at the lower back position so you can appreciate how padded they are not!!!!!!!!!!

Consideration for all Thread CLOSED I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here