Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Nonsense.

3) Bloke in front who asked through clenched teeth if my boy could stop kicking his seat. I could see his point and put a stop to it. Sorry, but the seats are padded.
Whether it's on a bus or at a stadium, having someone kicking the back of your seat regularly is incredibly annoying. Why did you wait for a complaint before putting a stop to it?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I have no problem with the 1901 club, i'm just saying having witnessed it briefly today - it's not for me. Good on those genuine fans who want a bit of comfort in there - why not. Unfortunately too many suits, corporate plastics and absence of atmosphere means i won't be joining.

D

Deleted User X18H

Whether it's on a bus or at a stadium, having someone kicking the back of your seat regularly is incredibly annoying. Why did you wait for a complaint before putting a stop to it?

I didn't notice it to be honest. Its quite loud at the Amex, you know?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Indeed, shameful to try & play it down/excuse it by saying seats are padded

D

Deleted User X18H

Indeed, shameful to try & play it down/excuse it by saying seats are padded

He's 4. I didn't notice as we were both watching the game. The bloke said erm' excuse me do you think your could ask your son to stop kicking the back or my chair (its a seat) it's rather annoying you see'. Instead of 'excuse me mate your lad keeps kicking my seat'. He was kicking it because he was excited when I realised, I stopped it, he knelt in his seat after that, sometimes when 4 your olds are told not to do something after a while, usually about 30 seconds they forget. It was just the peculiar way the bloke told me., I'll admit it must been annoying.

D

Deleted User X18H

It sounds perfectly reasonable to me

Oh ok. 'Do you think you could ask your son' etc etc ? Yep ok 'son will you stop kicking the seat in front?' - 'No Dad' 'Oh well sorry mate'. 'Son stop kicking the seat in front, in fact lets move you so you can't inconvenience this nice man again'. 'Sorry Dad but I am watching by home town club win at the Amex the atmosphere, the noise , the occasion, just makes want to kick out my little legs, which incidentally only just reach the seat in front and not floor at all'.'Contact must be really minimal to be honest'. 'Anyway Dad I will try and remember to stop now and perhaps calm down'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It sounds perfectly reasonable to me

A friend of mine witnessed this incident; person was fed up by having his chair kicked repeatedly by an over-excited child. When challenged the 4 year old did make his father stop.

D

Deleted User X18H

A friend of mine witnessed this incident; person was fed up by having his chair kicked repeatedly by an over-excited child. When challenged the 4 year old did make his father stop.

Very good!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

:lolol:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Kids do this stuff - you don't always notice - you stopped him - end of!!!

See another reason for bringing back terracing - I couldn't kick the seat in front when stood on a milk crate in the chicken run!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1901 members have told me that the pre-match meal is a £35 rip off for a buffet, and will never do it again.

Are also disappointed that as Gold members that have to go to souless lounges downstairs and are unable to see action behind glass whilst having a drink on a cold day.
When they signed up for the 5 years, they didn't realise that only a tiny number (Platinums) get to see the pitch from their lounge.
Immensely disappointed.

No one can watch the game from behind glass, no one signed up with that as an understanding, it's against the law, in every football ground in England to be in view of a football game with a drink. In the platinum lounges, as in the gold lounges the blinds come down before kick off.

we've got 'gentleman's agreement where I am in the FS, the kids behind me kick the shit out of my seat while my 2 year old does the same to the seat in front, it's not so bad really, it's like watching the movie 'Earthquake' at the Astoria c1978 (Yes I am quite an old father!)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All this criticism of the 1901 by non members completely fails to mirror my experience in the Profile lounge. The food is now good as is the service, we have a table in the window so can watch the pitch, our seats are fantastic, most of the people in there are fans including such luminaries as Herr T and Superphil. I am happy as are the rest of my table and the table next door.

This.

The food and service were fine yesterday, I really liked the chicken dish. And I'm ever so grateful for Jo and Ashleigh squeezing me, Uter and two guests in at the last minute yesterday. Personally I would struggle to find fault with Azure at the moment; they have been absolutely fantastic with me.

I'm really not getting this soulless comment either. Both my guests are long term season ticket holders who sit in WSU and commented on how it was not corporate but seemingly "full of regular fans who want to spent a bit more." Where I sit I have the same people around me all the time and all of them get into the game. The lounge has a buzz about it as well. I have heard a number of people say the Profile Lounge is the better lounge though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very good!

Are you in the Becks Peugeot Lounge? There was a young lad (possibly 4) watching the results afterwards, he was clearly excited about being out with his Dad and enjoyed the game. Good on you for bringing him.

Children get excited and you dealt with the issue.

Food wise, I still feel it is ovepriced for what it is, consequently I vote with my feet. My only issue is people getting to their seat late afetr half-time, we generally stay in our seat and listen tothe interviews.

He's 4. I didn't notice as we were both watching the game. The bloke said erm' excuse me do you think your could ask your son to stop kicking the back or my chair (its a seat) it's rather annoying you see'. Instead of 'excuse me mate your lad keeps kicking my seat'. He was kicking it because he was excited when I realised, I stopped it, he knelt in his seat after that, sometimes when 4 your olds are told not to do something after a while, usually about 30 seconds they forget. It was just the peculiar way the bloke told me., I'll admit it must been annoying.

So you let your little sprog annoy a fellow supporter, analysed the manner in which the fellow politely asked for it to stop - then posted this on North Stand Chat with your one-sided view of this unfortunate who endured your little annoyance.

Nice.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I cannot believe you are making an issue out of the way the bloke asked you to stop your son kicking the seat. He sounds entirely reasonable & polite to me, from the way you explained it. If he'd turned around to the kid and shouted "will you stop kicking my f***ing seat??" then you'd have had cause for complaint, but he clearly didn't, and you of all people shouldn't be picking anyone else up for what you perceive to be a poor use of words.

Oh ok. 'Do you think you could ask your son' etc etc ? Yep ok 'son will you stop kicking the seat in front?' - 'No Dad' 'Oh well sorry mate'. 'Son stop kicking the seat in front, in fact lets move you so you can't inconvenience this nice man again'. 'Sorry Dad but I am watching by home town club win at the Amex the atmosphere, the noise , the occasion, just makes want to kick out my little legs, which incidentally only just reach the seat in front and not floor at all'.'Contact must be really minimal to be honest'. 'Anyway Dad I will try and remember to stop now and perhaps calm down'.

You are so yawningly self-important, that I imagine you must feel affronted most of the time that the world cannot lay down before you in respect and awe.
How DID you get that opinion?

Your constant bleatings for attention, your yearnings for social acceptance, and the way you dress remind me of a fellow who used to visit the streets regularly in the 1960's, called 'the rag and bone man'.
Do you by any chance happen to own a horse and cart hb&b?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot believe you are making an issue out of the way the bloke asked you to stop your son kicking the seat. He sounds entirely reasonable & polite to me, from the way you explained it. If he'd turned around to the kid and shouted "will you stop kicking my f***ing seat??" then you'd have had cause for complaint, but he clearly didn't, and you of all people shouldn't be picking anyone else up for what you perceive to be a poor use of words.

I think we all know where the real problem lies in this particular incident.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There are windows in the East 1901 that give a view of the pitch from the bar.

That isn't what I said though. I said during the GAME, you are not allowed to view the pitch, whilst drinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here