Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Nonsense.

D

Deleted User X18H

1) Bloke behind me moaning almost from the off that we didn't create any chances and were far too slow. - It does make you wonder why people don't stay at home and watch the Wrestling on Saturday afternoon.
2) The Bloke two seats away who stood up and loudly celebrated Modric's equaliser for Spurs. Honestly who f***ing cares any real Spurs fan would be at WHL surely
3) Bloke in front who asked through clenched teeth if my boy could stop kicking his seat. I could see his point and put a stop to it. Sorry, but the seats are padded.

Great afternoon though. My son went to bed singing 'he's a west end brightoned boy'

Last edited:

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
1) Bloke behind me moaning almost from the off that we didn't create any chances and were far too slow. - It does make you wonder why people don't stay at home and watch the Wrestling on Saturday afternoon.
2) The Bloke two seats away who stood up and loudly celebrated Modric's equaliser for Spurs. Honestly who f***ing cares any real Spurs fan would be at WHL surely
3) Bloke in front who asked through clenched teeth if my boy could stop kicking his seat. I could see his point and put a stop to it. Sorry, but the seats are padded.

Great afternoon though. my son went to bed singing 'he's a west end brightoned boy'

Point 2) reveals alot about many in the ground. Will take a few years before all punters truely love the Albion first.
Anyway, Mancini or Fergie will ultimately destroy their pipe dream. :lolol:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I walked into the East 1901 by accident looking for the East Brasserie after the game. What a soul-less, depressing experience. Many had probably never been to an Albion game before the Amex. Thankfully the opening of the Brasserie to be a bar afterwards was superb and was able to watch the Reading game in warmth and comfort amongst the other fans.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Point 2) reveals alot about many in the ground. Will take a few years before all punters truely love the Albion first.
Anyway, Mancini or Fergie will ultimately destroy their pipe dream. :lolol:

A couple of Premier League supporting lads who I come to the football with are starting to be converted!
Man U, check. Newcastle, getting there. Chelsea, needs a bit more work, but should see the light fairly soon.

Point 1 sounds like the twat a couple of seats along from me.He picks his programme up to find out the players name before he starts slagging him off.I`ve had words with him before and it takes all the restraint i can muster not to slap his plummy caviar-hole.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
1901 members have told me that the pre-match meal is a £35 rip off for a buffet, and will never do it again.

Are also disappointed that as Gold members that have to go to souless lounges downstairs and are unable to see action behind glass whilst having a drink on a cold day.
When they signed up for the 5 years, they didn't realise that only a tiny number (Platinums) get to see the pitch from their lounge.
Immensely disappointed.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What were you expecting getting tickets in a corporate area?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
A couple of Premier League supporting lads who I come to the football with are starting to be converted!
Man U, check. Newcastle, getting there. Chelsea, needs a bit more work, but should see the light fairly soon.

Similarly know armchair Spurs, and others who are generally addicted to the Sky PL hype, fans, who are getting the Amex & Albion bug.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I witnessed the actions of the Spurs bloke. Complete twat.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
1901 members have told me that the pre-match meal is a £35 rip off for a buffet, and will never do it again.

Are also disappointed that as Gold members that have to go to souless lounges downstairs and are unable to see action behind glass whilst having a drink on a cold day.
When they signed up for the 5 years, they didn't realise that only a tiny number (Platinums) get to see the pitch from their lounge.
Immensely disappointed.

Are you suggesting the club break the law by letting fans drink in view of the pitch? Even Tony Bloom has to put up with the blinds in the directors box going down during the game if alcohol is being served.

D

Deleted User X18H

Are you suggesting the club break the law by letting fans drink in view of the pitch? Even Tony Bloom has to put up with the blinds in the directors box going down during the game if alcohol is being served.

There are windows in the East 1901 that give a view of the pitch from the bar.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
£34 inc Vat
Not a buffet!
ffs

Gold members who went to the Spurs game were adamant that the (£34) was for a buffet.They had it.
Thought for the £1,440 x 5 years (+£1,175 initial fee) + £360 for Bennetts per annum .... that they wouldn't get soulless lounges downstairs at half time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gold members who went to the Spurs game were adamant that the (£34) was for a buffet.They had it.
Thought for the £1,440 x 5 years (+£1,175 initial fee) + £360 for Bennetts per annum .... that they wouldn't get soulless lounges downstairs at half time.

Have they really paid that much for armrests, complimentary coffee, and souless lounges downstairs?? :lolol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

I don't see that it's at all unreasonable for him to want that to stop. Padded or not, you'd still feel it and it would become very annoying

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
:falmer:

So it was early on. They tried the buffet to give three choices of food, but think they found this created to much waste. I have eaten a virtually every match, and although a mixed bag of food & service I enjoy every visit and our little group always have a great trip out. Our lounge is upstairs so cant comment on downstairs. More than happy with my deal:falmer:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Went in an exec box today. I believe the food is same as the bupa lounge. It was excellent, tasted great and superb desserts too. If it is the same I would think it is worth 35gbp . There were a lot of fans in the boxes and loved joining in the southern end of wsl singing.

Pie at half time wasn't a piglets one I think. Chicken and gammon and a bit smaller. Nice cheese board after the game. Very well done by the club / azure.

Thought the north stand sounded loud and that was with us being at the southern end. Excellent atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here