Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's the point though. It won't be an issue whatsoever for 95 per cent of matches because no corporates will want to go to bog standard league matches and it'll be the same 500/1000 there each week. However, when we get Man United away, half of the allocation will go to people who can afford £90 a month.

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist about it. I just think it's a real shame that after what the fans did to get this stadium built under the leadership of Dick Knight that we can sell our soul so easily just because some short arse wants a plaything.

For an FA Cup game we should get 11+ thousand tickets if the 15% rule is applied. I think this will ensure most if not all deserving fans get a ticket.

As for away allocation for a league game....let's just worry nearer the time eh?

That's the point though. It won't be an issue whatsoever for 95 per cent of matches because no corporates will want to go to bog standard league matches and it'll be the same 500/1000 there each week. However, when we get Man United away, half of the allocation will go to people who can afford £90 a month.

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist about it. I just think it's a real shame that after what the fans did to get this stadium built under the leadership of Dick Knight that we can sell our soul so easily just because some short arse wants a plaything.
Manchester United away would have an allocation of 15% of 76000 so even if every single 1901 club member got a ticket, that would still leave well over 8000. As I said earlier, the real problems will be if we get the promised 14000 STHs on top of 1901. And basic sales laws mean you can't sell two people the same product for the same price but with some cavaets to some people and not to others. So Johnny-come-latelys will get the same as Fred who has been a STH for 60 years provided they pay the same for the same package. Not much you can do about that.

Anyway, that was a fun couple of hours. I'll fade back into obscurity now. :flounce::flounce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just think it's a real shame that after what the fans did to get this stadium built under the leadership of Dick Knight that we can sell our soul so easily just because some short arse wants a plaything.

Let's just remember one very important point here, if we were still under the leadership of Dick Knight the stadium would still be a field. DK and Perry not able to raise the funds without the help of Bloom. The banks said no. All DK had the money for was to hire a JCB and move some mud around. Remember all the calls on here for information about steel purchasing, and the vague wishy-washy responses from the club? It was no coincidence the minute Bloom's money arrived things got going.

DK got the planning permission, Bloom has built the ground.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's pour a bit more petrol on the fire regarding MUFC.

I think the Glazers can see the value in making more money out of the club whereas previously I think you will find season tickets were very cheap. The fact that 100 alleged business men claim to be able to raise £1 billion yet cannot get any response on selling tells a lot about where the Glazers think they can go with this investment. At the end of the day MUFC is also a huge brand / selling machine as well as a football team.

I haven't lost an argument at all have I? I'm putting forward my view on something, which I'll happily continue to do until I find something else to do on this muggy afternoon.

I could point out that the majority of events Wembley hosts are England Internationals. I could get into a detailed argument about the relationship between The FA and Wembley Stadium. But I can't really be arsed to do the research. I'm certain my point still remains though, even if the finer technicalities don't - those who pay the most money to watch England (home) games could quite easily be offered away priority to. But they aren't, because it would be unfair on the people who actually travel away on a regular basis.

And I'm right I think - the United owners do shit on their supporters (unless you want to 'argue' that?). Which is what the Albion could potentially be seen as doing in the eyes of many. A point of mine which, I think, you've completely ignored yourself. There are enough corporate benefits as it is - I don't think away games should be bundled in. My attitude isn't going to change on that, so again I fail to see how I have 'lost'.

Oh, and I haven't ignored the reference you made to not being rich and being out of a job in September. I haven't even read that in one of your posts (I accept that my attention to detail is sometimes a little crap). But that possibly says a lot about why you agree with this shit decision making, because you've presumably made a poor decision yourself if you're "not rich" but can afford to pay for a premium seat when you're going to have no job.
Outstanding - you are now so all powerful, you can decide when I make a poor decision. I'm not willing to go into full details as I would be at risk of turning into HB&B but the situation is that I am very likely to get a job on about two thirds of my current salary in addition to a large redundancy settlement. I have no kids, a manageable mortgage and a wealth of experience in my vocation. I will probably be earning the national average wage for the next few years and a review of our finances suggests that I will be able to afford the costs which will enable me to continue with my hobby of 31 years. Many others on here have done likewise. And as others have said, many spend a similar sum on going to away games.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
As long as Beach Hut is OK and gets a ticket all will be fine. Don't think I could stand any more whinging.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That may be true, but I value passion, commitment, decency, honour, honour and respect above money, and that is why even if we win the Champions League in five years I will always rate Knight far and away above Bloom. Maybe that's just me though:cry:

So you know that Knight has more passion, commitment, decency, honour, honour and respect than Bloom? This overt prejudice shines an interesting light in your previous posts.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Outstanding - you are now so all powerful, you can decide when I make a poor decision. I'm not willing to go into full details as I would be at risk of turning into HB&B but the situation is that I am very likely to get a job on about two thirds of my current salary in addition to a large redundancy settlement. I have no kids, a manageable mortgage and a wealth of experience in my vocation. I will probably be earning the national average wage for the next few years and a review of our finances suggests that I will be able to afford the costs which will enable me to continue with my hobby of 31 years. Many others on here have done likewise. And as others have said, many spend a similar sum on going to away games.

Great - sorry for being wrongly under the impression you were rich. After all, you do claim to be from the "poshest part of Hailsham".

I don't like it when you patronise me or wrongly accuse me of supporting another team. You don't like it when I patronise you or make wrong assumptions based on the information you've supplied.

Glad we've cleared that up.

Now I'll leave it to others to debate their views on the Falmer/1901 ticketing policy, as for the moment at least, I've said all I wish to say.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As long as Beach Hut is OK and gets a ticket all will be fine. Don't think I could stand any more whinging.

I very much doubt I will always get one but that's the way it goes.

The previous issue centred around a stupid AMS system totally out of date and was correctly abolished and I was one of several who made a very vociferous point about it as it was a waste of space the AMS scheme.

Credit to the club things were changed however they usually cock up elsewhere like the decision to move the family stand being another totally stupid decision with no consultation at the time.

Great - sorry for being wrongly under the impression you were rich. After all, you do claim to be from the "poshest part of Hailsham".

I don't like it when you patronise me or wrongly accuse me of supporting another team. You don't like it when I patronise you or make wrong assumptions based on the information you've supplied.

Glad we've cleared that up.

Now I'll leave it to others to debate their views on the Falmer/1901 ticketing policy, as for the moment at least, I've said all I wish to say.
It is actually Posh part of Hailsham and is a tongue in cheek reference to the constant slagging off Hailsham gets. The same as the oft repeated deleting cookies quote was a tongue in cheek reference to the message you get when logging off. But carry on. :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Knight is an albion fan. He wouldn't have screwed over his fellow albion fans. At worst, he would have told us what was going on. Tony Bloom I am not ready to jump into bed with like most of you seem to be. He's done nothing yet.

You are conveniently forgetting him chucking 93 million of his own money in to save falmer? Brilliant. You just try and be controversial TCB.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Knight is an albion fan. He wouldn't have screwed over his fellow albion fans. At worst, he would have told us what was going on. Tony Bloom I am not ready to jump into bed with like most of you seem to be. He's done nothing yet.

So has Bloom, there is nothing sinister about the 1901 club as you register and buy in, or am I missing something ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nothing apart from build a stadium. You seem to have some chip on your shoulder or other agenda towards Bloom. DK was great and a legend and did a lot for us, but we've moved up a level now for which I'm equally grateful to Bloom. Onwards and upwards. I'm off out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody hell!!!! I am glad I started this thread. Binfest or what.

I'm not even sure that anywhere or at any point have the club said that 1901 club members will get priority over STH's!!!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He's rich. Of course he can build a stadium. If I had that sort of money I'd build us one too.

My issue is we've become the sort of club all of us used to HATE. You can't go around relying on money, sacking managers, demanding top 2 finishes etc until you've done something to deserve it. He hasn't, we haven't.

Apart from build a stadium. You been campaigning for us to be mire professional for years, and rightfully so. This is where we are headed. We have missed out on 13 years of proper corporate money and there needs to be some catch up.

Bloody hell!!!! I am glad I started this thread. Binfest or what.

I'm not even sure that anywhere or at any point have the club said that 1901 club members will get priority over STH's!!!
To be honest - neither am I! :dunce: Made for an interesting afternoon though. :lol: She said priority for A list games but I didn't delve deeper. It was nice to hear but I had pretty much made up my mind before I went. It made for an interesting debate before it degenerated anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here