Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club - T&Cs

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I will be 83 in 50 years time - who knows whether I'll still want my 1901 Club seat or not. But that's not the point. The point is that the £1,000 up front investment was initially positioned as an invesment that you could re-coup, subject to someone else wanting to buy it, and of course subject to the stadium still being in existence. For the same reasons, it was positioned as something that could be passed on to future generations.

As I said in the OP, it's not a deal-breaker but 50 years was not mentioned at the outset - the goal posts have certainly moved.

I will also be 83 in 50 years time. If we are both still alive I'll buy you a pint then! :drink:

I went to my 1901 presentation a year ago. When I asked about the mechanics of the deal I was clearly told the 5 year arrangement was a lease to which I was legally tied into. So, the 5 year financial agreement I was subsequently sent does not come as a surprise.

A few things have changed, they mentioned a year's payment holiday when I mentioned I might move abroad. I've not seen any mention of this in the T&Cs. Parking is also slightly different to what I was told at my presentation. But, none are show stoppers.
The deal is probably designed to be tax-efficient from the point of view of the football club. In the accounts, having a secure - legally watertight - income stream is different from having unsecured aspirations about future sales.

And what's the parking deal now?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Im in east stand 1901s anybody know how big the restaurant is.
There's one seat for every person in 1901 in the 1901 restaurants, which is why I think they're going to be a massive waste of space, when we could have a much bigger supporters bar.
Really ? that is interesting. Difficult to see what you are getting more than the rest of the East Stand I suppose. At least in the West there is a degree of exclusivity I suppose.

He was kidding, they're nearly sold out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here