Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club - T&Cs

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I have a feeling that the 50 year thing is a legal point of note, could it be that nothing under the law [of this nature] can be given more than a 50 year lifetime?

i think this is what i am trying to say :D just badly

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think I may challenge you on that! Can you scan the literature?

It seems some 1901 salesmen have been lying to finalise sales.:wrong:

You may be right. I was told 50 years by the lady who spoke to me. But the only reference to 50 years I can find in writing relates to the PSL. My error - but I can assure you I was told 50 years.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Back to Withdean for 2 years then (in 2061), while they demolish the Amex and re-build it to Champions League specifications :clap:

By that time it could be the Interplanetary League. Not sure there'll be much atmosphere at some of the games though.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Most of us will be dead in 50 years, all of us will be dead in 125 years, what a pointless argument!

I will be 83 in 50 years time - who knows whether I'll still want my 1901 Club seat or not. But that's not the point. The point is that the £1,000 up front investment was initially positioned as an invesment that you could re-coup, subject to someone else wanting to buy it, and of course subject to the stadium still being in existence. For the same reasons, it was positioned as something that could be passed on to future generations.

As I said in the OP, it's not a deal-breaker but 50 years was not mentioned at the outset - the goal posts have certainly moved.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The day I start worrying about something 50 years away is the day I start ironing my underpants.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
You may be right. I was told 50 years by the lady who spoke to me. But the only reference to 50 years I can find in writing relates to the PSL. My error - but I can assure you I was told 50 years.

No problem! I wasn't disbelieving you, just that I have never seen the length of the licence in print, until the contract turned up last week.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
i was there last March and they said these things

its 50 years because after that period usually the stadium will be outdated and we will move on to a new ground, god knows what it will be in 50 years! but yeh thats basically why, so no real big deal...

Martin better start the planning process now then !

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lifetime of the stadium, is lifetime of the stadium - not 50 years.

I was lucky enough to be on one of the very early tours and lifetime of the stadium was definitely quoted, I wonder if this has 'clause' has been changed in the last few months.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The 125 year spiel is what Buckingham told Albion the ground should last til without major structural updates.

The 1901 was always 50 when I spoke to them.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Lifetime of the stadium, is lifetime of the stadium - not 50 years.

I was lucky enough to be on one of the very early tours and lifetime of the stadium was definitely quoted, I wonder if this has 'clause' has been changed in the last few months.

i was there last March and they said lifetime was 50 years

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to my 1901 presentation a year ago. When I asked about the mechanics of the deal I was clearly told the 5 year arrangement was a lease to which I was legally tied into. So, the 5 year financial agreement I was subsequently sent does not come as a surprise.

A few things have changed, they mentioned a year's payment holiday when I mentioned I might move abroad. I've not seen any mention of this in the T&Cs. Parking is also slightly different to what I was told at my presentation. But, none are show stoppers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
50 years means it can be handed down 3 generations , 125 years means 6 or 7 generations , in 50 years time we might need to move out of an extended 50k Amex into a new 80k stadium in preparation for the World Soccer League.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
is the monthly payment plan for ordinary season ticket holders also an interest free loan?

Just wondering as it would radically affect the club's ease of preventing people renaging after a few months and from a business viewpoint seems like a bloody good idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here