Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£150k ? Utter toss

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, I wasn't expecting MEGABUCKS for CKR, being as he was, by and large, utter shite last season. But being as he was part of a £250k deal from Bury only a year ago, and he's gone to a club that is now wallowing in the MILLIONS that befalls a club when they jump on the Premiership gravy-train, I think we had a right to expect a bit more than a poxy £150k to secure the services of a promising (but raw) lower league striker.

Would £300-£350k have been totally unrealistic ? Or were we just itching to get rid ? Utterly pathetic fee.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Leon Knight all over again.f***ing utter stupid price:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
CKR was, for me, at his best against Millwall and Ipswich, two MASSIVE games. CKR on form - the Albion win.....

(there is no denying the fact that he did sweet f.a against Sheffield Wednesday though).

At the end of the day, strikers are judged on goals scored, which presumably is the reason for the low fee.

BUT, i firmly expect him to go onto much better things - 150k for a man of that talent is a bargain

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Should have structured a deal to reward any success or progress. 150K is realistic if there are add ons.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
bhanutz said:
is it? I think the price is fair enough based on his experience.

Based on experience:jester:

So tell how much experience Theo Walcot had at 17? Yet he was sold for 12 million.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
A sell on clause is always a good idea when you sell a player with so much potential talent and such a young age. I hope the deal includes one :glare:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Easy 10 said:
OK, I wasn't expecting MEGABUCKS for CKR, being as he was, by and large, utter shite last season. But being as he was part of a £250k deal from Bury only a year ago
No he wasn't - £55k plus £30k approx add-ons.

I agree though that we have undervalued him. The shits that surround him won, but it's important to make clear we didn't lose money on him, we just didn't realise the true value of our investment, which is a shame.

The argument was that if he'd have f***ed us around until the Jan window, which might not have been beyond the creep given that he has being doing it to us since the day pre-season opened, then his value might have lowered further from £150k.

I'm unconvinced, but that's the parameters of the argument.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
bhanutz said:
shut it you MUG!

stupid bloody comments like that.

Because your not clever enough to work out what i'm getting at:dunce:

Go on hop it

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Re: Re: £150k ? Utter toss

London Irish said:
No he wasn't - £55k plus £30 approx add-ons.

I agree though that we have undervalued him. The shits that surround him won, but it's important to make clear we didn't lose money on him, we just didn't realise the true value of our investment.

£55030?

Bargain :jester:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
dont have to be clever to work you out!

So go on then, if you were in charge of a football club, how much would you pay for a reasonably untested player who has an obvious attitude problem?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
bhanutz said:
dont have to be clever to work you out!

So go on then, if you were in charge of a football club, how much would you pay for a reasonably untested player who has an obvious attitude problem?

In my books he was worth at least 250k with a sell on of 20%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here