Withdean Wanderer said:
£55030?

Bargain :jester:

I will edit cheers :rolleyes:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
algie said:
In my books he was worth at least 250k with a sell on of 20%

I think we were lucky to get £150k, in this day and age that is a good price for him!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
algie said:
In my books he was worth at least 250k with a sell on of 20%

I think we were lucky to get £150k, in this day and age that is a good price for him!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: £150k ? Utter toss

London Irish said:
No he wasn't - £55k plus £30 approx add-ons.

I agree though that we have undervalued him. The shits that surround him won, but it's important to make clear we didn't lose money on him, we just didn't realise the true value of our investment.
We've not actually spent out on him, quite true. But sellling a young striker for £150k to a Premiership club is a derisory fee. I'd at least expect to see more cash coming our way based on appearances. Or some kind of sell-on clause.

If its just a flat £150k fee, then frankly I'd rather he stayed here and rotted in the ressies until either him and McGhee kissed and made up, or a new manager comes in and gives him another chance.

£150k ? Thats piss. That'll disappear on two weeks wages and a KFC Bargain Bucket for tank.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
bhanutz said:

Why?he still had another year left on his contract and if we kept him untill then the tribunal would of valued him around 100k anyway.I'm sure that if he stayed and performed what we know he could do.He could esily become another 1 million man again.The boy has a gift

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
bhanutz said:
dont have to be clever to work you out!

So go on then, if you were in charge of a football club, how much would you pay for a reasonably untested player who has an obvious attitude problem?

Honestly dont worry about Algie, by far the most retarded fuckwit on NSC at present, and that is really f***ing going some.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Albion Dan said:
Honestly dont worry about Algie, by far the most retarded fuckwit on NSC at present, and that is really f***ing going some.

I am certainly not worried about him!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Albion Dan said:

Big boy.f*** me your hard

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
If you think about it,it's a profit(as told to me by Yorkie)

55k paid for him
45k for appearances
Spent about 100k

Sold
150k to Sheff Utd
30k to Bury(20%)
120k left

Still have two years of his wages in the bank!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
FalmerforAll!** said:
If you think about it,it's a profit(as told to me by Yorkie)

55k paid for him
45k for appearances
Spent about 100k

Sold
150k to Sheff Utd
30k to Bury(20%)
120k left

Still have two years of his wages in the bank!

Lets face it.Shef Utd got the better deal though

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
150k is an unbelieveably low price. The club should have insisted on a success-based clause considering the huge amount of potential he has. This deal is indicative of how desperate the club were to get rid of him. The way i see it, if we were prepared to play him until January we may have got more money for him. He is worth at least 200k plus more money depending on success and number of starts.

Interestingly enough, i think the only reason he joined us was for the press exposure of being 'The Coca Cola Kid'. He has always had an attitude problem, and thinks he is better than the club. I am pleased he has gone, as i think he may have disrupted the squad, however he must be worth more than 150k.

Re: Re: Re: £150k ? Utter toss

Easy 10 said:
We've not actually spent out on him, quite true. But sellling a young striker for £150k to a Premiership club is a derisory fee. I'd at least expect to see more cash coming our way based on appearances. Or some kind of sell-on clause.

If its just a flat £150k fee, then frankly I'd rather he stayed here and rotted in the ressies until either him and McGhee kissed and made up, or a new manager comes in and gives him another chance.

£150k ? Thats piss. That'll disappear on two weeks wages and a KFC Bargain Bucket for tank.

I lean towards that, I'd have liked to have faced down that f***ing entourage of his. The board didn't have the stomach for that. They might conceivably be right though given the disruption it would cause. At least the business is over with and we can now move on.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: £150k ? Utter toss

London Irish said:
At least the business is over with and we can now move on.
That, I suppose, is the one small positive.
Hasn't half left a sour taste though hasn't it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: £150k ? Utter toss

Easy 10 said:
That, I suppose, is the one small positive.
Hasn't half left a sour taste though hasn't it.

At least we still have Lynch for the time being to enjoy

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: £150k ? Utter toss

algie said:
At least we still have Lynch for the time being to enjoy
Don't speak too soon...theres three and a half hours to go yet.....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This club really does like to leave things untill the last minute

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
whilst CKR might have potential, what has he actually achieved?

Bury to Brighton to Sheff Utd, based on what? good work by his agent? a good goal in the 4 - 1 defeat at Sheff Utd last season?
Did BB's Sheff Utd connection have anything to do with it?

I think £150k was the most we would get and let's face it the club is in no position to make excessive demands - cash is king.

He had to go - case of McGhee or CKR, and in all likelihood if McGhee got the sack Dean Wilkins would take over and there would still be a legacy of the rift.

Good riddance CKR.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here