Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’re not as smart as you think you are......:lolol:

That's a worry. I struggle making sense of a lot of things, in my opinion. :lolol:

Edit: threw. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I could have got this whole argument wrong but yes, I believe a lot of people are saying 'we've paid for season tickets so shouldn't have to pay again.'

Maybe not, ... I don't get that argument so maybe it's me misunderstanding.

You are not wrong.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So the club and the fans were all aware of that when people started putting money down for a season tickets in March?

Fingers crossed mental gymanstics is added to the list of events at the next Olympics, you'd gurantee the UK a gold. :lolol:

In March I was aware there was a lockdown in some countries and that there was a pandemic sweeping across the globe. I assumed there was a strong possibility there would be a lockdown here or that the season could be suspended and to be honest, when it was, I didn't expect it to get played out. I was looking ahead to this season. Things haven't panned out as well as they could. I can't speak for everyone else but I'm guessing a fair few that followed the news were aware of these possibilities. From the clubs point of view, they quite quickly advised that if the games from last season weren't played in front of a crowd the money would transfer to this season's ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In March I was aware there was a lockdown in some countries and that there was a pandemic sweeping across the globe. I assumed there was a strong possibility there would be a lockdown here or that the season could be suspended and to be honest, when it was, I didn't expect it to get played out. I was looking ahead to this season. Things haven't panned out as well as they could. I can't speak for everyone else but I'm guessing a fair few that followed the news were aware of these possibilities. From the clubs point of view, they quite quickly advised that if the games from last season weren't played in front of a crowd the money would transfer to this season's ticket.

No shit Sherlock.....

But the big issue is the club voted for PPV which goes way against what most fans expected.

Ergo our beloved club holds quite a lot of fans money paid up front for no end product (sorry to quote CEO on the product word) and then voted we should pay for PPV, small wonder some fans a little bit pissed off with their Community Club ?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Then ask the club for your money back then!

FFS, the club believed we would be getting back to the Amex this month or weren't you aware of that. The club had a system set for a ballot that we would now be in the process of going through for the WBA game. The government have done a complete U-turn on that shafting Brighton and other clubs in the process. The club did previously acknowledge this season would be different so even when they thought fans would be allowed back they announced they would stop collecting DDs.

It's a fair point that they could deduct £15 from the money they have on deposit. If we do get back to the Amex this season then fans would need to top up the depleted fund. I don't know the logistics of the administration for this.

Your comments about being a PB fanboy are purile. On this particular subject I'm in agreement with the club (just for the record, that includes TB who no doubt supports the vote the club made but I'm guessing most of the vitriol will be director at PB).

I admit, I'm fortunate that our finances currently allow me to let the club hold on to my season ticket money and that I can afford £15 to watch the odd game on tv. Where people aren't so lucky they really do have my sympathy but I'm not sure on what basis you assume that it is me and others like me that are in the minority?

I don't want my money back and have never suggested that I do, the club already have my money and that secures me a season ticket TO WATCH FOOTBALL whenever that might be, as it happens they still appear to be currently playing home matches regularly. I don't expect to pay more money to the club to watch games they are playing NOW given they can deduct it from the hundreds of pounds of mine they already are in possession of. It really isn't a difficult concept to anyone with the slightest intelligence. You can continue to defend them as you have been doing constantly but it doesn't change the fact that for a large majority this feels like taking the piss.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No shit Sherlock.....

But the big issue is the club voted for PPV which goes way against what most fans expected.

Ergo our beloved club holds quite a lot of fans money paid up front for no end product (sorry to quote CEO on the product word) and then voted we should pay for PPV, small wonder some fans a little bit pissed off with their Community Club ?

My post was aimed at another poster who gave the impression he wasn't quite on the pandemic ball back in March!!!

Don't agree that there is no end product. The problem currently is we don't know when it will be. It could have been this month but as it panned out it's going to be a lot later.

If you read another post of mine you will see I didn't argue against deducting £15 from a season ticket holders account.

As arrogant as any other CEO in the EPL, fans want everything free when holding millions of STH money paid up front for no actual (to use his words) product, think this is starting to get acrimonious at the so called Community Club

He’s always been like this, he was utterly dismissive during the flask ban when it was obvious that it was another penny pinching move to make fans pay for hot drinks. But he correctly gambled on having a largely pliant fan base happy to see top-flight football and sod those fans who have brought drinks to games for decades.

It will be interesting to see if paying for games twice is the issue that fans will finally start asserting their interests a bit more

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’d have thought the fairest way out of this is if the club refunds STH £15 out of the balance they hold for every home game that’s on PPV. STH can then choose to buy the PPV or not, without being further out of pocket. Whether the club has the cash flow to allow this, I don’t know - essentially, it’ll be Tony doing it. Again.

It’s a different argument about whether they should refund 100% anyway - I’m not addressing that point.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I could have got this whole argument wrong but yes, I believe a lot of people are saying 'we've paid for season tickets so shouldn't have to pay again.'

Maybe not, ... I don't get that argument so maybe it's me misunderstanding.

Direct debit payers have paid for 12 out of 19 home games ( source: bhafc ticket office phone call). It depends if you view that as the 1st 12 games of the season or the last 12 games as to whether the West Brom game is already paid for.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think everyone needs to just take a breath and calm down a bit.

The current situation is far from ideal and clubs are having to make decisions on the hoof to try and make football available to the fans.

No one is being asked to pay for anything more than once, everyone has a choice.

The clubs were offered an opportunity to accept an offer to show the non televised games on PPV for a 3 week period following the governments decision to stop fans coming back to see games.

Would fans have preferred it if they had refused that option ?

And before people say ..... but id have said £14.95 is too much etc or I’d have changed this ..... no one knows the options or the negotiation the clubs did with the broadcasters ... in fact judging on boxing PPV it wouldn’t surprise me if the broadcasters had started at 19.99 and the clubs have got the price down.

If you don’t want to pay it then don’t, and I don’t blame you......... but I think the club has done enough to earn a bit of grace and a bit of time to try and come up with a strategy going forward.

They still don’t know if the government are going to u turn again and allow fans back in November so refunding money and then having to take it again seems hard work and costly. Everyone needs to give the clubs and the league a chance to work out how to go forward from November onwards.

As things stand no one has lost anything from the introduction of PPV... those games weren’t on TV and aren’t part of the packages that people subscribe to, so those not wanting to pay the £14.95 haven’t lost anything as they wouldn’t have seen those games anyway.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I don't want my money back and have never suggested that I do, the club already have my money and that secures me a season ticket TO WATCH FOOTBALL whenever that might be, as it happens they still appear to be currently playing home matches regularly. I don't expect to pay more money to the club to watch games they are playing NOW given they can deduct it from the hundreds of pounds of mine they already are in possession of. It really isn't a difficult concept to anyone with the slightest intelligence. You can continue to defend them as you have been doing constantly but it doesn't change the fact that for a large majority this feels like taking the piss.

You say you don’t want your money back but then go on to say they could deduct money from what you have already paid. Isn’t that the same thing ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would the naysayers be happy if the plug was pulled on PPV?

I understand the thinking behind those who are outraged/disappointed/pissed off but at least there is a choice available, so just make it. I’ll wager a large number of the near 80% saying no will either be changing their minds or watching on a dodgy stream (which carries it’s own debatable morals) come the day of the game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would the naysayers be happy if the plug was pulled on PPV?

I understand the thinking behind those who are outraged/disappointed/pissed off but at least there is a choice available, so just make it. I’ll wager a large number of the near 80% saying no will either be changing their minds or watching on a dodgy stream (which carries it’s own debatable morals) come the day of the game

At 17.30? Many will be at work or on their way home.
The broadcaster decides the day and time. When has an Albion match ever been played at 5.30pm on a Monday teatime?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can imagine the admin effort of giving 23k people the option of having 14.95 deducted from their accrued current ST balance being a bit of a nightmare - as a minimum the functionality almost certainly doesn’t exist now hence this hasn’t been put forward as an option.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can imagine the admin effort of giving 23k people the option of having 14.95 deducted from their accrued current ST balance being a bit of a nightmare - as a minimum the functionality almost certainly doesn’t exist now hence this hasn’t been put forward as an option.

The admin had no problem with refunds, donations and payment holidays just three months ago. They already have our bank details.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At 17.30? Many will be at work or on their way home.
The broadcaster decides the day and time. When has an Albion match ever been played at 5.30pm on a Monday teatime?

So are you unhappy with the amount being charged or the kick off time? I am guessing both, so if you aren’t going to watch anyway why bother yourself with the kick off time?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
My post was aimed at another poster who gave the impression he wasn't quite on the pandemic ball back in March!!!

Don't agree that there is no end product. The problem currently is we don't know when it will be. It could have been this month but as it panned out it's going to be a lot later.

If you read another post of mine you will see I didn't argue against deducting £15 from a season ticket holders account.

Your ability to read my posts and decide they say whatever you want them to say is actually very impressive. Unfortunately for you in your attempt to spin everything you dislike you’ve proved my point for me.

In March we were staring down the barrel of a lockdown and seeing other major sporting leagues cancelled. And yet thousands of people; many of them who aren’t in the comfortable finical position you clearly are still decided to support the club despite the uncertainty in their future. People gave money to the club, to continue to support it whilst in the back of their head probably knowing there’s every chance they could lose their job or the season might not even go ahead. Now 7 months down the line when nobody has had even a partial refund (yet) the club are asking for even more money for a service that has been free for 6 months and have the cheek to claim that fans unhappy with the excessive fee ‘want something for nothing’

If anything other than a football club did that they’d be absolutely slaughtered for it, but because it’s a football club and people will passionately defend their club to the end of the Earth a lot of people are just shrugging their shoulders and accept it. If you paid for a takeaway online and then when the delivery driver got to your house he asked for £15 for petrol but promised you’d get a refund for your meal you’d tell him to f*ck off.

If the club used season ticket fees as basically an interest free loan to pay staff wages then I think most people would accept that, however making out the people who supported you without question at a time where there was mass uncertainty about the future are just after a freebie is an absolute c*nts move from the club and the ‘I’m fine so who cares?’ attitude of some is pretty shitty too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here