Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That's a bit out of order bearing in mind the club hosted a trial event and were gearing up to fans being back in the grounds from October onwards. It's hardly the club's fault the government have pulled the rug from under their feet.

Pardon? I'm not even sure what you're trying to say has anything to do with what I said. Fans paid for ST's before they knew whether they'd be allowed in stadiums this season. Paul Barber then tells fans that have stumped up the cash that they want 'everything for free' or words to that effect is incredibly crash, I'm not sure what a pre-season friendly has to do with anything.

If that's all you took from that post though then we're probably both wasting our time anyway.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
That's a bit out of order bearing in mind the club hosted a trial event and were gearing up to fans being back in the grounds from October onwards. It's hardly the club's fault the government have pulled the rug from under their feet.

Its not out of order, the club are holding onto fans money and are now asking for them to pay to see matches streamed. They could just deduct the £15 from your ST balance but are choosing instead to hold onto our money and ask for more. You have made it quite obvious in this thread and others that you are a Paul Barber fanboy and are happy for the club to continue to squeeze every last penny out of its fanbase, presumably your finances aren't quite as tight as a lot of other people and are happy to support this approach, well good for you, you're in the minority however.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
‘I refuse to fund a club who turn around to season ticket holders who have paid for games they know they wouldn't see’

Yeah you did.

Blimey,We lose a couple of games, don’t sign a multi £m striker and then provide support to broadcasting our matches for a Non compulsory £14.95 charge and a section of our supporters turn on the club, just months after praising it for its charity, fund raising, donations and pay cuts of senior staff.

Ok everyone’s a bit techy and fed up but why take out your anger on the club

If you don’t like it ask for a refund (and any consequences).

Btw - I think £10 would have been fairer.

Ps - not a pop at you Daz

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
‘I refuse to fund a club who turn around to season ticket holders who have paid for games they know they wouldn't see’

Yeah you did.

No, I didn't.

People have put a sizeable chunk of money on the line for a season ticket when they thought it wouldn't be used in full.

Will they get a refund? Yes.
Have they still paid for a product they knew they wouldn't get full use of? Also Yes.

There will be people out there who paid up for season tickets not knowing whether they'd get that money back or how much use they'd get out of it. There will be families out there who multiple season tickets who every year choose between ST's and a holiday, or renovating their house etc. And those individuals and families have priortised supporting the club above anything else, even in times where more and more people find themselves in finacal turmoil. For the club to still be currently holding on to the money they have, whilst asking for more and then claiming that fans are just after a freebie is insulting. I'd be interested to see the sallery of people supporting how the club has acted compared to those who feel they've missed the mark, think we can all guess how it would go though.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Are those genuine quotes from Barber?

Yep.

EkCJ9DVXsAcYFXh

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Blimey,We lose a couple of games, don’t sign a multi £m striker and then provide support to broadcasting our matches for a Non compulsory £14.95 charge and a section of our supporters turn on the club, just months after praising it for its charity, fund raising, donations and pay cuts of senior staff.

Ok everyone’s a bit techy and fed up but why take out your anger on the club

If you don’t like it ask for a refund (and any consequences).

Btw - I think £10 would have been fairer.

Ps - not a pop at you Daz

No pop taken...think you’re in the same place as me. I’m not even tetchy....this is a bloody nightmare for the club and it’s impossible to please everyone. The level of vitriol and anger being directed at those trying to manage this as best they can is ridiculous.

Refund my ST when you know what’s going on
Let me stream games for a tenner in the meantime
Job done
No drama [emoji2369][emoji2369]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well that is very, very badly worded.

Accusing a group of people as "always wanting everything for free" is pretty offensive, even if it's true.

It would be like us accusing the club of "trying to milk every penny out of its fans" - again, true, but I'm sure Paul would be offended by it in the same way.

Probably a consequence of his very open communication style - now bombarded with emails from Mr Angry of BN1 (have seen his email address publicly posted on SM multiple times today with people being encouraged to send him something)

Would need the patience of a saint not to simply send an email saying ‘**** off’ after a while.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Comes across as blunt.

Is this a wind up faux email, or was the initial email sent to him aggressive?

Fans don’t always want something for free. Individually or by families/parents, £ hundreds or more are handed over to the club each season, with little controversy.

“Product” ... now that’s a term that wouldn’t have been used by the club not so long ago.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No pop taken...think you’re in the same place as me. I’m not even tetchy....this is a bloody nightmare for the club and it’s impossible to please everyone. The level of vitriol and anger being directed at those trying to manage this as best they can is ridiculous.

Refund my ST when you know what’s going on
Let me stream games for a tenner in the meantime
Job done
No drama [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Yep. Bingo and Snap!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Comes across as blunt.

“Product” ... now that’s a term that wouldn’t have been used by the club not so long ago.

Why get uptight about a word PB chooses to use and is used by probably every other business in the world. Ok it’s newish business speak, probably not used by Dick Knight, but we all know what it means.

I agree that PBs email comes across as blunt but it’s unfair and discourteous to publish a response but not the question, and the addressee as just “Caroline”.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why get uptight about a word PB chooses to use and is used by probably every other business in the world. Ok it’s newish business speak, probably not used by Dick Knight, but we all know what it means.

I agree that PBs email comes across as blunt but it’s unfair and discourteous to publish a response but not the question, and the addressee as just “Caroline”.

Product, consumer, consumption, differential marketing.

The EPL is a well oiled commercial machine.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Comes across as blunt.

Is this a wind up faux email, or was the initial email sent to him aggressive?

Fans don’t always want something for free. Individually or by families/parents, £ hundreds or more are handed over to the club each season, with little controversy.

This is definitely not a wind up or faux email.
I saw the emails posted on Twitter, from her, I have no reason to think she is on a wind up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I saw the emails posted on Twitter, from her, I have no reason to think she is on a wind up.

In the cool light of Monday morning, I wonder if PB will regret the non personable tone?

Sometimes where a PR chasm with a wide section of fans arises, the cavalry arrives. Wondering if Tony will email the supporters soon.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

“Definitely” and “no reason to think”’are a long way apart, and Twitter isn’t always a reliable source of info

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Its not out of order, the club are holding onto fans money and are now asking for them to pay to see matches streamed. They could just deduct the £15 from your ST balance but are choosing instead to hold onto our money and ask for more. You have made it quite obvious in this thread and others that you are a Paul Barber fanboy and are happy for the club to continue to squeeze every last penny out of its fanbase, presumably your finances aren't quite as tight as a lot of other people and are happy to support this approach, well good for you, you're in the minority however.

Then ask the club for your money back then!

FFS, the club believed we would be getting back to the Amex this month or weren't you aware of that. The club had a system set for a ballot that we would now be in the process of going through for the WBA game. The government have done a complete U-turn on that shafting Brighton and other clubs in the process. The club did previously acknowledge this season would be different so even when they thought fans would be allowed back they announced they would stop collecting DDs.

It's a fair point that they could deduct £15 from the money they have on deposit. If we do get back to the Amex this season then fans would need to top up the depleted fund. I don't know the logistics of the administration for this.

Your comments about being a PB fanboy are purile. On this particular subject I'm in agreement with the club (just for the record, that includes TB who no doubt supports the vote the club made but I'm guessing most of the vitriol will be director at PB).

I admit, I'm fortunate that our finances currently allow me to let the club hold on to my season ticket money and that I can afford £15 to watch the odd game on tv. Where people aren't so lucky they really do have my sympathy but I'm not sure on what basis you assume that it is me and others like me that are in the minority?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here