Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£120 to buy a ticket for The Royal Opera House ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I echo Goldstone1976's comment, enjoy, and you should from those seats!

The marriage of figaro is the only I'm not going to. I have Turandot, Wozzeck, Elektra, Les Vêpres siciliennes and Parsifal all lined up, can't wait!

That Wozzeck is brilliant: I saw the original production and it was one of the most powerful nights I've ever experienced at the opera. I'm a bit skint at the moment so my opera going is being curtailed but if I got a bit of dosh, I'd splash out for that, the Elektra and Les Vepres (which I've never seen).

I remember posting a couple of years ago about getting tickets for £17 for Haensel und Gretel (a decent view too) and compared that with the cost of football tickets. I've been going to opera for the last 30 years and there's a definite effort to make opera more accessible, the complete reverse of what's happened in football

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That Wozzeck is brilliant: I saw the original production and it was one of the most powerful nights I've ever experienced at the opera. I'm a bit skint at the moment so my opera going is being curtailed but if I got a bit of dosh, I'd splash out for that, the Elektra and Les Vepres (which I've never seen).

I remember posting a couple of years ago about getting tickets for £17 for Haensel und Gretel (a decent view too) and compared that with the cost of football tickets. I've been going to opera for the last 30 years and there's a definite effort to make opera more accessible, the complete reverse of what's happened in football

I'd heard that Wozzeck was really good, even though I don't know it myself. It's also this seasons cut-price opera, tickets from £3-£65 so not too much splashing out required.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can I add this, for your pleasure in particular, Stat Brother?

http://o.canada.com/2012/06/27/the-bicycle-opera-project-tunes-up/

That is just plainly a ridiculous publicity stunt, a pleated skirt on a roadie, asking for trouble.

biking-1-e1340822136659.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I fancied a day out at Royal Ascot then onto The Royal Opera House, but they can fook off if they think I'm going to shell out that kind of cash.

£52 for the nags, and £120 sovs for the prancing, they can do one, I ain't made of money.
You'd have thought they'd sell all those tickets right at the front cheaper, it'll be a right pain in the arse getting a seat on the Park & Ride from there.

***I could always go to the silver ring and lower slips for £27 total***

What you wanna do is go to Plumpton and Glyndebourne. Then you can take advantage of the free shuttle bus from Lewes to Glyndebourne and back. 10 years ago I went to see the bearded lady at Glyndebourne. £10 for standing, which some like to do anyway, and allowed to drink your own chilled champagne whilst picnicking in the ample grounds at half time. The set used for this performance of The Rake's Progress was the original designed by David Hockney for the 1975 production. So this was thrown in free of charge to the customer. Apparently they even provided a brothel on stage during Rusulka a few years back. Paul Barber could learn a lot from Glyndebourne.

My only gripe was neither Harveys, Kronenbourg nor chips were on offer. A bit like the Ampitheatre Bar. A bitch but you could always take your own plus a few pork pies,of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here