Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

116 Heroes

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just got back in now. 5 days. 4 cities. Had a great time apart from 2 rubbish Albion performances and 1 day feeling ill.

Didn't Micky Adams used to come over to the away fans in the good old days? Don't think I even saw him on the touchline. Would have been nice for him to show his appreciation.

Hartlepool is shit apart from the beer prices if you can find a pub that isn't closed on a Tuesday!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not just talking about myself here, but how many people would quite happily join the "heroes" if their circumstances allowed? I know for a fact that several people who went are unemployed, and the rest of you are obviously lucky enough to have jobs where you could get the time off.

Fair play to those who went last night, in the same way as fair play to those who went to Carlisle, Hartlepool 2 weeks ago, etc etc.

Self-congratulating attention-seeking, anyone?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Binfest.

Fair play for making the journey but hardly heroes.

More likely a sprinkling of retired people and teenagers with no work in the morning or people with too much annual leave left...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
To be fair, Mendoza didn't mean the word 'Heros' in a LITERAL sense.

Jeez, I seriously think people need to lighten up on here! :nono:

Its not that, its the "look at me I'm great - I'm a better fan than you" attitude which is obviously implied, even if not necessarily intended.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Bloody hell, I wish i didnt start this thread now, it wasnt attention seeking in the slightest, it was more of a well done to those how made the effort, gave up there time, and all for nothing, apart from watching a shit game of football.

I will leave you all alone now, all the people there deserves some acknowledgement, and I will like them for getting there. If people think its a attention seeking exercise, then thats your opinion.

It is f***ing hard working out Albion fans sometimes, moaning about the team, moaning about the players, moaning about the manager, moaning about the stadium, moaning about the ticket prices, and now moaning about a few fans - whatever you all think, I will still go, you can hate us for going to the game, but it wont stop us going back for more

Well done to the 115 people that were there with me :clap:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i actually tried to count them and compare my figure with the official number,and with the help of my lovely assistant i counted 106 she counted 102,is this a sinister plot by hartlepool to pocket the extra dosh ?

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
Well done to all those that made it to the game, despite the time, the distance and the closed motorways.

We sung pretty loudly throughout the game, despite there being not much to cheer about and a disappointing performance.

A great turn out in the circumstances, and not one boo, even though the team didnt get clapped off at the final whistle.

Shame the players didnt come all the way over to applaud those that made it

:clap::clap::clap:

Cheers Mendoza :thumbsup:

Although didn't take long from Huddersfield (only about an hour and a half) i think thats a pretty good effort in the circumstances. We did sing pretty well to be fair, not sure if we were heard on the radio muich though (?)
The players should have come right over to the fans, only Forster and Fraser really came anywhere near us, even Kuipers only clapped from half way. Adams just came 5 steps out his dougout, gave 5 claps and went back down which i thought was very poor from a manager.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to a lot of people on this message board and others, the problem with the team is that the fans aren't getting behind them. By all accounts the fans were behind the team last night and still we lost. Looks like these 116 fans didn't quite do enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here