Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11 Year old shot

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Funny how it's nearly always poor kids in poor areas. Perhaps there's a link there.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Where to next then guys? This can't carry on, the government really have to take the gloves off here. No wonder there is a mass of people leaving this country.

Armed police?
Prison sentences to actually mean something rather than being part of a retraining scheme?
Courts to be unfettered?
Corporal punishment like on the Isle of Man?
Capital punishment as a serious option for murder?
How far would you let this government go to reclaim the ground they are losing to the thugs and the criminals?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Spending some money on impoverished areas and more police rather than pissing it up the wall on an illegal war would have been a good start.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be honest, its got to the point that stuff like this on the news doesn't even shock me anymore :shrug:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Spending some money on impoverished areas and more police rather than pissing it up the wall on an illegal war would have been a good start.

Good start - but I see the Yanks are moaning about us not having a big enough Army or the commitment to "oppress crime" (ie kill more people) in Iraq - they feel that trying to train the locals to look after themselves is pointless and there is more mileage in killing more of them. No wonder Bush reckons it's going the same way as Vietnam.

Incentives to move business into impoverished areas?
Legalising drugs?
A balance of stick and carrot is needed, but I think that more "stick" is needed at the start before you can apply the carrot.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Where to next then guys? This can't carry on, the government really have to take the gloves off here. No wonder there is a mass of people leaving this country.

Armed police?
Prison sentences to actually mean something rather than being part of a retraining scheme?
Courts to be unfettered?
Corporal punishment like on the Isle of Man?
Capital punishment as a serious option for murder?
How far would you let this government go to reclaim the ground they are losing to the thugs and the criminals?

Armed police? Probably about time, if nothing more than to protect the police
Prison sentences to actually mean something rather than being part of a retraining scheme? Yes, especially for serious crimes
Courts to be unfettered? Yes
Corporal punishment like on the Isle of Man? Debatable
Capital punishment as a serious option for murder? Absolutely NO WAY

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not psychic, more like stating the bleeding obvious...there hardly seems to be a week goes by when some kid dies by the gun or the knife. Maybe we should adopt the zero tolerence policy set out by Rudi Giuliani when he became mayor of New York, certain parts of which were no go areas even to the people who lived there, it really was one of the most lawless parts of the country. He pledged to put a policeman on every street, delivered his promise and levels of reported crime gradually fell away until the majority of the city is safe to walk around at any time of the day. It will take a brave PM to make that type of promise for the UK, but we would all thank him/her for their courage if they pulled it off and the shocking headlines like the one on top of this thread should fall away.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
I cannot buy this "impoverished" excuse. During the Great Depression, 80% of people were impoverished. If you were lucky enough to have a job as a "Navvy" digging ditches, you could look forward to a dinner of a Kipper. But there was not the lawlessness that there is today.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
To be honest, its got to the point that stuff like this on the news doesn't even shock me anymore :shrug:

Most of the news now doesn't shock me, however thinking what it must have been like in the A&E when an 11 year old came in having been shot in the head must have been awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here