Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] 10PM pub closing. what will people do ?

what will people do ?

• Drink less

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • go out earlier

Votes: 85 73.3%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've been going to the Cricketers in Southwick of late when the weathers nice, for a couple of cheeky lunchtime bevvies. They've got it very well organised there with social distancing and excellent swift table service when you use the Greene King app. The 10pm thing doesn't overly bother me, as I've not been in pubs at that sort of time in the evening since pre-lockdown (EXCEPT for the Chelsea game the other night, as someone had booked a table and invited me along). I'll probably go there for the Man U game Saturday lunchtime, then go home for the afternoon games. So closing at 10 will have zero impact on me, but I do feel very sorry for the staff who are going to be losing quite a few hours pay as a result.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
who cares you should be in bed making babies for the nation
I suppose we might need to repopulate in a decade or so. But at present that would be totally irresponsible.

As Boris Johnson said "Bbbblnmmn go to work!, bbblbbb don't go to work. HAVE sex! Don't have sex.. bbbbllmmm."

The message is CLEAR.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Apart from the staff losing out, I could not give a toss what time they shut.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I just realised there was a POLE. Where is the option for DRINK more?! Because wine is cheaper if you don't buy it from the PUB.

I'm not voting on principle.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Have only been to a pub once since lockdown restrictions were eased I have no intention visiting another one until this is all over

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Have only been to a pub once since lockdown restrictions were eased I have no intention visiting another one until this is all over
I know you might not have meant it, but that post would have been greatly improved by the "flounce" emoji.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've been going to the Cricketers in Southwick of late when the weathers nice, for a couple of cheeky lunchtime bevvies. They've got it very well organised there with social distancing and excellent swift table service when you use the Greene King app. The 10pm thing doesn't overly bother me, as I've not been in pubs at that sort of time in the evening since pre-lockdown (EXCEPT for the Chelsea game the other night, as someone had booked a table and invited me along). I'll probably go there for the Man U game Saturday lunchtime, then go home for the afternoon games. So closing at 10 will have zero impact on me, but I do feel very sorry for the staff who are going to be losing quite a few hours pay as a result.
We may know each other. I will be there Saturday for the game, I will look out for anyone that looks easy! [emoji4][emoji3]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We may know each other. I will be there Saturday for the game, I will look out for anyone that looks easy! [emoji4][emoji3]

:thumbsup:

I'm going to mince along today and book a table for the game on Satdee. I like that one in the corner under the telly, but some shyster ALWAYS seems to have that one booked already :annoyed:

Harrumph.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I only drink when I'm on my days off and if we are going on a session we all start about 3pm anyway. The chances of us still being in a pub at 10pm these days other than on special occasions is not high. It's either off for a curry or home. We are all well past the first flush of youth.

Having said that I think I'll be staying out of pubs for a while. I hate table service in pubs.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
[emoji106]

I'm going to mince along today and book a table for the game on Satdee. I like that one in the corner under the telly, but some shyster ALWAYS seems to have that one booked already :annoyed:

Harrumph.
[emoji23] That's me. [emoji3]
I will be there a bit later. Probably on that table.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I only drink when I'm on my days off and if we are going on a session we all start about 3pm anyway. The chances of us still being in a pub at 10pm these days other than on special occasions is not high. It's either off for a curry or home. We are all well past the first flush of youth.

Having said that I think I'll be staying out of pubs for a while. I hate table service in pubs.

Really ? I've grown to really like it. 1/4 of the pint remaining, ask what everyone's having, get on the app for 30 secs, and have some saucy MINX come over with the beverages just as you're finishing the last one. No queuing, no wet elbows from the bar, no desperately trying to make eye contact to get served. Just sit back, carry on watching the game, and wait to be serviced.

I hope this never ends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here