Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] 10PM pub closing. what will people do ?

what will people do ?

• Drink less

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • go out earlier

Votes: 85 73.3%

• Total voters

May 5, 2020
Sussex
When all pubs used to close at 10:30pm then 11pm every night, it just meant more power drinking as the shutters down deadline got closer.
Followed by everyone pouring into the streets at exactly the same time .
Your right and it seems counter productive to what the government wants to achieve in terms of minimizing transmission.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was talking to my mate earlier, he lives in Oakwood, he said the pubs in the city are absolutely heaving when the Leeds games are on.

And that's the problem, lack of enforcement. Chief Constables have been blabbing on about engage, educate and encourage when in actual fact they should just go in and issue fines. There was that woman that had 200 at her party and got fined and banned from having visitors. Well why weren't 200 fines issued to the others? Same with the raves that have gone on. As for pubs, the police should be sending in plain clothes officers and if the rules aren't being followed, temporarily remove the licence. Oh, and fine Cummings he lying scumbag.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Followed by everyone pouring into the streets at exactly the same time .
Your right and it seems counter productive to what the government wants to achieve in terms of minimizing transmission.

But the pubs shouldn't be full because they can only serve those at tables so it won't be the same as when pubs used to close early.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
UK wide, earlier in Sept (sorry I noted the numbers but neglected to include the date but it was in w/c 7th) the number listed as in hospital was 757. By the 17th it had risen to 988, 18th 1,020, and on 19th & 20th 1,081. This is an increase of around 43%. On the numbers of individuals on ventilators it rose from 77 to 138 during the same period. That’s about a 79% increase.

We need to spare a thought for those who have to care for those inflicted before rushing off to the pub and complaining that a 10pm cut off is not fair.

Thanks salty dog this is a good point you make.
We mustnt forget that at the end of the day if this all kicks off again then it's our doctors and nurses that will be the tip of the spear that have to place themselves in harm's way and so they should be at the forefront of our minds as to how we all conduct ourselves moving forward.thanks for this post it has realigned my attitude and thoughts on the issue.cheers(no pun intended)

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
...........and people are still wandering round Asda, Tesco, etc. without masks (with even more stupid tw@ts 'wearing' masks under their chin). Time it was an enforced case of no mask, no entry, no exception (except if you've got no ears to hang it on).
If you really can't wear a mask, then same rules as for people in quarantine (or people shielding); get someone else to do your shopping or have it delivered.

100% this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't think I've ever heard of a pub closing at 9.30/10?!?

Foghorn closed at 9 when it first started up and doesn't go much past 10 on weekdays, and only afternoons on Sunday. Must be just round the corner from you? A lot of micro pubs aren't late night.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes,that's true I hadn't thought of that.i stand corrected.thanks I'm starting to see the logic behind the desicion.

I'm only losing 9hrs trade a week, so not too bad.
I'm going to have the same numbers in as I've been getting since re-opening. The talk of trouble on the streets at closing is poppycock imo.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Foghorn closed at 9 when it first started up and doesn't go much past 10 on weekdays, and only afternoons on Sunday. Must be just round the corner from you? A lot of micro pubs aren't late night.

Yeah, you're right actually. I'm never really in pubs during the week so didn't think about weekdays /Sundays

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There'll be nothing left on the shelves. The twats are panic buying again.

Aye...loo roll isle this evening at a large Tescos....was busier than normal for a Tuesday eve

25E116AC-06B9-434B-BE84-399EF12A0FBE.jpeg

PS i was vertical taking the photo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here